Maroon Clownfish problem... HELP ASAP

silverado61

Fish meds don't kill inverts that I know of. Only copper does. But if you take the inverts out to treat with copper, chances are you'll never be able to put inverts back in without killing them. Copper leaves a residue behind that can't just be cleaned out without tearing down the tank. It gets in the rocks, sand, everything.

I think you should put the goby in a QT for a few weeks. That way, if it does develop Ich, you could treat it right away without causing any undo stress from moving it while it has ich. And ich not only lives on the fish, it lives in the water so just because the fish with ich died doesn't mean that the ich is gone. It needs eight weeks without a fish host to die and you've still got the goby in there. He's the host. Even though he's not showing signs, he still has it.

jay0705

I know all this sucks, but its the safest route to go. I know some meds say there invert safe , but I dont want say they are then have them not be lol

jay0705

W copper, I have inverts in my old qt that I did use copper in. It was emptied rinsed and reused, same w the fake decor. Now I added a few hermits just to see. They lived so I added snails, emerald and an urchin all fine. But that was a bare bottom tank, you wont ever get copper out of sand or rock.

skitzo7170

I need help. I have two maroon clown fishes and just I noticed that the bigger clown fish is after the smaller one. They have been together for years and I just added three hermit crabs. Keep in mind that I do have a yellow tang. What to do?

jay0705

Your welcome. Maroons have an aggressive rep. Mine doesnt bother anything but he is alone and there is no anemone.

skitzo7170

silverado61,

My pair of maroon clown fish are back to their normal pair. I have a question, what is the best anemone to get the clown fish?