Fish not eating pellet food

celbrise

i bought this new pellet food. Formula One for salt water fish it's very tiny so the fish can eat it. i feed it maybe twice a day and although i just bought it yesterday they are not eating it. my goby and clowns will eat it but mainly the goby. the problem i am mainly seeing is that the pellets sink to the bottom or on the rock crevices and then they become uninterested in it so the goby eats it all.

is this natural and will they start to eat it off the sand bed or is it safe to say their not interested in the food itself. we typically fed them frozen brine shrimp but im trying to broaden their diet. i know feeding new foods can be hard but i haven't fed pellet foods to my fish that sunk before. they will eat the brine shrimp like crazy as it suspends in the water but not the pellets. i will continue to try feeding the pellets right now i think they are starving unless my mom feeds them the brine shrimp in the morning

jay0705

Its normal, not all fish eat pellets at first sometimes at all. I feed new life spectrum. Alot of mine eat it but not all

celbrise

I think i will just keep trying to feed it to them until it's gone or they been starved too long and refuse to eat it. im sure my mom still feeds them brine shrimp but i don't want to have to rely on frozen foods we get a lack of variety here and shipping is very expensive.

flower

IMO... pellets and flake food are the worst polluters of the tank. Brine shrimp is not nutritious enough...frozen Mysis shrimp is much better.

jay0705

I hear flake and pellets are the devils wrk lol yet I hear sw fish need a varied diet. Mysis is an excellent food option, but its only 1

flower

I hear flake and pellets are the devils wrk lol yet I hear sw fish need a varied diet. Mysis is an excellent food option, but its only 1
If you have live rock, there is more to eat in your tank then the food you feed them. There is algae to nip at on the rocks, amphipods, isopods and copepods are a yummy treat your fish hunt for all day long. I even seed my tank with amphipods just to make sure they are abundant, a refugium is great for that... That natural live food beats anything you can buy in a store. That's why I think the frozen Mysis shrimp is plenty.

trigger40

some times for my trigger i go to the beach and cach minnows to feed it. i throw them in a tank with really low salinity for a few weeks and give my trigger a treat. anouther thing you can do is set up a 2.5g (fresh water) with little powerhead and buy gost shrimp from your lfs feed tem quality flake food for a week and pour half a cup of salt in their tank befor you feed your fish with them. angels, triggers, lions, snapper, grouper, and wrasses will love this and its good for them.

flower

some times for my trigger i go to the beach and cach minnows to feed it. i throw them in a tank with really low salinity for a few weeks and give my trigger a treat. anouther thing you can do is set up a 2.5g (fresh water) with little powerhead and buy gost shrimp from your lfs feed tem quality flake food for a week and pour half a cup of salt in their tank befor you feed your fish with them. angels, triggers, lions, snapper, grouper, and wrasses will love this and its good for them.
I forget that folks have fish like triggers and puffers.. Raising ghost shrimp is an awesome idea.

jay0705

I may have pods in one of my 3 tanks lol but the other 2 my mandys and scooters keep them well trimmed. The ref is a good idea however. I'll be honest tho, almost on a daily basis my fish get fed 4 diff foods. Pellet, flake, mysis, spriulina brine. This is done in moderation , but certain fish just like diff things. My tangs wont touch flake, my clowns love it. My royal gramma likes mysis over anything. Draggonets its mysis and brine. Wrasse, fox, cb if its food its gone lol the best way to look at it is, if your tank and fish are healthy then what ev your doing is rt. Whether its mysis, ghost shrimp, ect