bamboo shark?

tonysi

Honestly a tank for a coral catshark that has a foot print smaller than 8 feet by 3 feet wouldn't be good for it long term. They are active swimmers at night.

Last edited:

mauler

Its true they're active but I think if you aquascape your live rock to have plenty of open room a 8'x2' would work I have a friend that has one in a 8'x2' he's had him for 3 years but yes a 8'x3' would be ideal

trigger40

well i would normaly say i can just get rid of it if it gets to big but its not that easy with a shark. idk if a shark would be a good option.

mauler

I'd say tank size is only half of what you need to consider you'll also need really good filtration since a decent sized shark can make an ammonia spike all on it's own. You could also get a custom built shallow 125gallon tank.

trigger40

yes but i like the 90g because of its hight so i dont know if i should get a tank just because my brother wants a shark. but if i do go with a 125 it might work out.

AW2X4

You should consider getting a 120 gallon over a 125 gallon. The 2ft depth is worth it. A 180 will be much better. People have breed corals in 180s.

silverado61

I think sharks need tanks with rounded edges so they don't bang into the corners. Might be worth researching.

trigger40

i havent thought about a shark in a while. there not somethingim going after but something i think would be cool to have.

AW2X4

I think sharks need tanks with rounded edges so they don't bang into the corners. Might be worth researching.
Some sharks can't have corners and some sharks can. Even if the shark can have corners it will be better not to have then.

The sharks that don't do well with corners are the obligated ram ventilators (ORV). These are the sharks that need to constantly move. The more common bamboo sharks and coral sharks are known are benthic sharks. They can have corners but they will appreciate not having them.