Purchased Anemone, possible mis-identification?

Kwassing

So, purchased this anemone yesterday as a Long Tentacle Anemone. To me it looked like a LTA. As in their tank it had long thin tentacles. They had it marked as a LTA. However, this morning this is what I see. It looks like a bubble tip to me now. I was wondering if someone could get me a 100% answer to what this is.

[/URL][/IMG]

trigger40

from what i can remember from a post from a while ago is that LTA's can retract ther tentacles when they are not happy.

Kwassing

I believe you are correct. Overnight he moved from that spot to a different spot and he looks like a LTA now.

candaceswf

Administrator
the picture looks 100% like a bubble tip. The LTA's don't inflate their tentacles that much, and bubble tips can look like other anemones when their tentacles aren't inflated completely.

IMG_7350.JPG

(above) This is a happy, healthy Long tentacle anemone
(below) This is a happy, healthy Bubble tip anemone
10886_green-bubble-tip-anemone-751_1.jpg

Kwassing

Thats the thing. It looks like BOTH at times! LOL. After the first day it moved down to a cave without much light and he had the long straight tentacles. But he is moving out of the cave and the tentacles that have hit the light are bubbled.

Kwassing

everything in my tank loves him apparently. I had a dwarf fuzzy lion that would perch on him all the time. The arrow crab will perch on him as well. lol