New Tank is full and sand is in! Plus an introduction.

jay0705

Length is the issue w tangs. They need swimming room. Gallons is a bad indicator. You could have a custom 6ft tank but only a ft high. A TANG would be fine. Plenty of swimming room. In are basic tanks 6ft starts w 125 most commonly. Hence why often the min is 125 for an adult hippo

I wouldn't recommend you to get a fish that exceeds over 8 inches but their is a rare case that if you buy it when its not over 2 inches it can getwhat ssome people call a "dwarf syndrome", in which they don't grow as big as they're supposed to due to the limited space. The sleeper goby in the other hand is a wonderful idea

geridoc

I've had tangs in a 55, which is the same length and they did OK while they were small, but they became very aggressive as they grew. I always attributed that to their going insane from the short tank. Just sayin...

I've had tangs in a 55, which is the same length and they did OK while they were small, but they became very aggressive as they grew. I always attributed that to their going insane from the short tank. Just sayin...
OK so tang is a bad choice for this tank. I wouldn't want one to lose its mind on my account. Thanks for the input.

I just wanted to do a finding Nemo tank for my daughter. That's why I wanted to get as many types that were on the film. I know I can't have a puffer or the one that was named Gill (Heniochus Butterfly) . I wouldn't care if I only had the Hippo tang for a little while. Thanks for all of your help. I do appreciate all of the input. My tank is starting to cycle! I'm getting excited. Ammonia is only at .25 ppm so far, but it is starting to go up!

trigger40

its wher you dont let you ammonia get above like 1.0 i beleve. during a normal cycle you kill most every thing in your live rock because how high the ammonia gets. so why buy expensive live rock if you just kill most of it to start a cycle. a soft cycle takes a lot longer but its well worth the wait.