my first go at an article... kinda

trigger40

this is my first atempt at an article for swf.com. lol its actualy a review but i used it as practice, its not very good but i think this is a start. its jsut a review but its kinda practice for an article on this trigger. feel free to coment if i left anything out(i miust have). thanks:)

the humuhumunukunukuapua aka humu trigger is commonly mistaken as the triangular triggerfish wich is the true piccaso trigger and hawaii's state fish. not the humu trigger. if bought small thes triggers can live ther entire lives happily in a 75 gallon. do not mix this trigger with the same species of trigger they will fight to the death. also do not keep this fish with passive fish ie dart fish, or any fish like them as far as agression goes. i would recomend fish that are semi agressive to agressive that get above 4'' but stay below 9''. this trigger fish grows extremly slow at about 1'' evey two years if properly fed and it slows down even more once they hit 5''. so this trigger can be keeped in a tank as small as 40 gallons for a few years if bought small. but in the long run a 75 gallon minimum is needed. one thing this fish requiers is proper feeding. if you have a trigger under 5'' please dont under feed(if you do t will develope problems and live a shorter life), if the belly looks like it is being pinched it needs more food. i would recomend mysis and squid as the staple food for your humu trigger. also throw silversides in ther along with fresh seafood like raw shrimp and muscels. you will NEED freeze dried shrimp to wear down ther ever growing teeth. your trigger will become the master begger and feel free to give him a freeze dried shrimp when he does beg. hold it below the water with your fingers. never let your trigger eat from the srface of your tank. the trigger may end up swallowing a bubble and not be able to swim right for days and may die because of this. so feed it freeze dried under the water. it may also help to soak it in water for a few minutes befor feeding. now that you know all this you may get to know your beautyfull trigger. one trigger is never same as anouther so dont expect to see him to act the way an article online said your trigger would. the trigger will learn to interact with you and you can teach it tricks like swim through a hoop for a treat. another fun thing to do is feed your trigger ghost shrimp. you can watch him hunt all day for thoes suckers. the humu trigger is very social and will want tank mates. i recomend tangs, large angels, puffers, damsels(some clowns too), and other triggers like the bursa trigger, niger trigger, blue throught trigger, triangular trigger, and a clown trigger(clown trigger only if you have a 200+gallon). DO NOT MIX WITH blue line triggers, queen triggers, undulated triggers, and titan triggers. if you do your humu trigger will be killed. but the humu trigger is a very active fish making it a great choice for a center pice fish. the humu trigger may rearange things to its likeing. if you hand feed your humu trigger your in for a treat. once you start this your trigger will always come to your hand when you put it in and it may alow you to pet it, both my triggers do. i have formed a bond with my trigger and i hope you do too. and you will enjoy watching this truly beautyfull trigger for many years to come! i hope you enjoy your trigger!

Last edited:

flower

LOL...That's a pretty good job, you covered your subject well.

You need a little help on using capital letters at the beginning of a sentence, use a spell check, and maybe separate the paragraph for easier reading when the subject changes...for example: from the fish info, (new paragraph) to the food it eats, (new paragraph) to the way the fish acts and so on.. In no time at all you will be an expert author and ready to write your first book.

trigger40

thanks flower! it never crossed my mind to use proper spelling and spell check lol. when ever i get the time i will do it agen but this time it will be much more organised with proper gramer/spelling and go more into depth on the fish. i also think im gona go over reef compatability. thers not much it can go with in a reef setup but ther is some like mushrooms and zoanthids. thank you for the reply and sorry if it was a bit of a headache to read lol.

Last edited: