GFCI questions

flower

Hi,

I don't have a GFCI outlet for the 30g long tank...I'm looking at the portable ones. The problem is that, as with all fish tanks, I need more then one outlet. Can I attach a portable GFCI extension cord to a power strip, and would that be safe?

GFCI plug.jpg

bang guy

it's safe as long as you don't exceed the rating of the GFCI. The max wattage should be on the label.

Can you find a friend to just swap out the outlet for you? It's real easy (once you find the breaker that turns the outlet off).

flower

it's safe as long as you don't exceed the rating of the GFCI. The max wattage should be on the label.

Can you find a friend to just swap out the outlet for you? It's real easy (once you find the breaker that turns the outlet off).
Thanks... That makes better sense, I will try and find someone to swap out the regular outlet for a GFCI the breaker shouldn't be too hard to figure out... I may just purchase the portable one just in case I ever need it.

flower

Thank you so much! I feel 100% safer with that in place. Water and electricity just don't belong together without some kind of protection in place. Now that my son has seen how simple it is, he said he can always take care of that for me in the future. I could do it myself, but getting on the floor and back up is a real problem for me...Thank you for taking the time to me help out.