trigger40's 40g FO tank!

trigger40

nope im done with hypo. now im slowly raising the salinity Saturday I got to put my live rock back in along with my hermits.:) I have another one of those hogfish looking fish in my qt but its a little bigger than my humu trigger. this one will eat a whole silverside a day if I let it. this one is red and I want to add it but it eats more than my 14'' snowflake eel did. and I still want to leave room for a baby kole tang.

mauler

You only did hypo for 2 weeks? Sounds like one fat fish. I think you could add him and get a kole tang a few weeks after that

trigger40

so far about two weeks with no sings of parasites. :) but don't know what's in my water as far as bugs go. I find that in hypo if the ich is not gone by the second week its not gona work. sometimes hypo works some times it doesn't IME.

trigger40

I don't like hypo but its the only treatment you can do for ich in a DT so that's why I do it. the reason why I don't like it is because it dosent always work and it takes a really long time to do.

mauler

I hear that a lot that hypo is like 50/50. I hate the 6-8 weeks too so I'm gonna try it your way

trigger40

well the good news is that it looks like for me that it worked. no ich on any of the fish. but i also have triggers and stuff so you never know.
anyway copper was the way to go for your tang mauler but some people dont like copper because of what it can do to your dt if it gets in ther. i found out that copper was the way to go too late. i had a angel fish that had been infected for two months. i tried everything but copper because i dident want it in any of my systems. but i eventualy gave in and tryed copper as my last atempt to save my angel and it worked! the was gone overnight and never to be seen agen. but the after haveing ich for two months the ich had taken its toll and the angel died a few days after the treatment.:( but the good news is now i know.:)

mauler

well that's great hopefully it gone for good. I was considering copper but I've heard bad things about it aswell and that it could possibly shorten there life and cause internal problems I'm not sure if it's true but I try not to dump meds in my tank unless its a last resort.
That's sucks about the angel what kind was it?

trigger40

befor i get kicked out the forum let me explane. i receved it as a birthday gift from my mother. i was not prepared for it and my qt was not finished cycling so i had to put it in my dt. it was a baby emporator angel, i loved that little guy. i had big plans for it and my humu trigger untill it passed. the last day it was alive it just kind of sat their on the bottom. i thought it would come back like it always did but then my cuc found him and he didnt even resist. so i scoped him up with my net and let him sit ther for a few hours untill it died. i had to have spent $200 on these "merical treatments". the first time i tried hypo on it it worked but my 10gallon qt couldent handle the bio load so i put him back in the ich infested tank while the my qt fixed its self it stayed in the dt and got it bad agen. three days lator i put it back in the qt for hypo and for one month of hypo no succes. then i would buy kick ich or something and it wouldent work then back to hypo and it would work but the bio load was to much so back in the ich infeste tank get it bad anouther merical cure then back to hypo.. so by this point i upgraded to a 15gallon qt and just hade the angel in it. tryed hypo did not work. so by this point i was just about broke and i used the last of my money on copper it worked!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D. so he lived in my qt for about a week or two and he was as happy as a clam. his strees spots went away but the ich had made him week and slugish. so when i put him back in the dt after the ich was gone he couldent compet with a hungry trigger for food. so he got worse and died it was my mistake i didnt relise how skinny he had gotten.
thes are the pics

befor:
IMG_4265.jpg

after:
IMG_4857.jpg

see how skinny he got he was basicaly skin and bones.:(

mauler

Wow that's a lot of stress on the poor little guy and that sucks to do all that finally cure him just to lose him from something else

trigger40

i was very dipresed knowing all the time and money i spent was wasted. i have never had luck with an angel befor. my coral beauty angel died in the ich outbreak too. but i am done with that and cant weight to move foward.

trigger40

i did it!!! i found out the typ of fish thats in my qt! its a mangrove snapper! how did i not relize that. i gess its a good thing that they normaly reach like 12'' now the question is how often do i feed it?

mauler

I'd say once ever few days or he might grow to fast and snack on some clownfish or trigger. Yup ich sucks but atleast it's gone and you can fully enjoy your tank