rock work

mauler

Then he's good but sometimes I feel he's not eating enough since he's constantly begging for food. Do your do that?

trigger40

i think you will learn that triggerfish surpass the word normal lol. but with your rock work fatty will be happy. also your tang looks like it might have head and lateral line erosion. you may want to look into that.

mauler

That's just how they look they all have white patches around there eyes and shouldn't have HLLE I feed him spirulina brine shrimp every day and an algae sheet every other day and my trigger also eats the algae sheet not sure if that's normal

trigger40

its all about the food with thoes guys. my trigger eats fish flakes if i drop one in ther for the clown. like i said, bottomless pits.

flower

I don't really like any of the fake stuff most of it just looks to fake and the stuff that doesn't is just as expensive as real rock
I'm not talking about sponge Bob stuff...LOL.

For my potbelly seahorses tank, I purchased wall hangings (I needed it big for the 90g) of a ships wheel and anchor, I then coated it with plastic resin to seal it, and attached it to dried out live rock with black pond foam.
Decor.jpg

In my 56g tank I used a tank decor column, but in the back, I used cake columns silicone to plastic shelves to be able to pile rock on top...in the other corner I used live branch rock (I needed it tall for the column tank)

decor 2.jpg

The point is...you don't have to have just rocks, there is no limit to what you can use and do to your tank to make it look good to you. it isn't a cheaper method, just a different one. I like macroalgae so I have a ton of it in my tanks. The seahorses love it... and because they are such messy eaters, the macros help keep the water quality up.