snapper?

trigger40

has any body here have experience with aggressive snappers. ive got one and im not shur weather i should add it or not. its about 3'' and eats a lot. i know nothing about it besides its a mangrove snapper and it tasts good. if any body knows any thing about the species let me know like how fast they grow and how to feed it. thanks.

candaceswf

Administrator
Oooh a little baby mango! LOL I caught a baby yellow tail on a sabiki, if I wasn't on vacation I would have put it in my tank!! It'll prob do well with the trigger, it'll eat meaty foods too a lot of food like you said. Not sure how fast they grow though

candaceswf

Administrator
I spoke with someone here who is really great with the fish and also happens to be an avid fisherman. He says the snappers are such voracious eaters bc they grow extremely fast. He said he's heard of other people trying to keep fish like that and they need to eat so much they all pretty much end up starving in the end AND that they're extremely aggressive, and possibly not legal to keep in a home aquarium. Best bet would be to release him, it would be really awesome to be able to keep, but they essentially do way better in their natural environment.

trigger40

the guy who got them for me has a colections licence so the fish is legal. i do plan on getting rid of it though. it is really mean and eats a lot.