i guess i have 3 tangs now

mauler

Before I get yelled at for getting the 3rd it was more or less forced on me but I now have a 5"ish hippo tang. What's everyones thoughts on trying to keep all three?

trigger40

i dont know its a maybe. if they are all a little small maybe they get along when they get bigger.

trigger40

i think you can get away with it but you may be almost fully stocked with your trigger. you may want to make the next fish count.

jay0705

Get as big of a tank as u can lol. The hippo looks like neither so ur good there, but they get big.

mauler

Get as big of a tank as u can lol. The hippo looks like neither so ur good there, but they get big.
He's fine with the powder brown no aggression from either of them and they don't get to overwhelmingly big the max says 1' but I'd say average is more like 10"

flower

Hi... a Hippo needs a 100g tank, so does the powder brown, again...what size is your tank? Rehoming is not as easy as you might think, hippos hide flat under the rock work, and you will have to dismantle the entire thing to get to it, you will find it under the last rock you remove. If the tang has been in the tank long enough to outgrow it...the sand will be disturbed when you remove the rock, possibly releasing toxins that has been stuck in the sand. Just something to think about.

jay0705

Your good w your tank. As far as size ive seen a few over 10" . There one of the larger tangs. great fish tho, there in my plans as well as a purple lol