ahhhh its back!

trigger40

this ich thing i have is makeing me mad! i just did hypo on the main tank and its back!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:...
so any way i plan on beatting this thing once and for all. i plan on putting all my fish in my qt and doing copper. and i want to leav my tank empty for two months sound like a plan? i have been dealing with this for a long time so i want to be done with it.

Last edited:

mauler

Go for it but which one of your fish is getting ich? Triggers and clownfish are supposed to be pretty resistant to it

trigger40

its the triggers. the clown dosent have it. im shocked by this... maybe i should vary their diet more idk...

mauler

I've done a lot of reading on ich and it seems like you have three options hypo, copper, and actually a lot of people just seem to swear by keeping there fish as stress free as possible and keeping them well feed so they can fight it on there own. That is also a problem dependingon how big your QT is

trigger40

well feeding time is wher the strees is from. they go crazy and the little trigger bites the big trigger because he wont let him have any. so i am deffinetly going copper.

mauler

Go for it just be sure to start at a half dose and build up to full dose I've heard bad things when trying start them at full dose

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have a topic here that details what you did in the hypo process?

Is your QT cycled?

trigger40

Do you have a topic here that details what you did in the hypo process?

Is your QT cycled?
yes my qt is cycled, and i brought the salinity down over a three day period to 1.009 usong a refractometer. then i let it stay at that salinity for 2 weeks. then i brought it up over a 3 day period.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
yes my qt is cycled, and i brought the salinity down over a three day period to 1.009 usong a refractometer. then i let it stay at that salinity for 2 weeks. then i brought it up over a 3 day period.
Two weeks is not a full hypo treatment and without a full treatment, it will fail. I suggest you begin the process again, and wait 4 weeks after the last sign of ich on your fish to begin the countdown.

I have during with Ick for the last six weeks, it come back without notice, now it looks like everyone are fine except the Hypo, I did the same thing, it is now in the GT for the last 5 days, I am going to do a fresh water drip and put him back to MT after tomorrow.

If you wish to do the hyposalinity treatment correctly please carefully follow the directions in this link.
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/c/index.php/articles/content/hyposalinity.100

As for other symptoms, you may see the fish scratching on rocks, or shimming due to feeling itch.
My butterfly is scratching (blood come out) on rocks two weeks ago, and start to do it again, but I never saw a white spot in her body. Could it be something else. Thanks so much for your help.

trigger40

if you guys think 4 weeks will do the trick then that is what I will do. can I leave my live rock In the tank during treatment but take out my cuc and put them in the qt?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
if you guys think 4 weeks will do the trick then that is what I will do. can I leave my live rock In the tank during treatment but take out my cuc and put them in the qt?
Take care to follow the procedure to the letter, including starting the countdown after all signs of white spots are gone from fish for at least two days (use a magnifying glass to look at your fish).

You will get die off on your live rock if you subjected it to hypo. Dieoff my cause your tank to cycle.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
My butterfly is scratching (blood come out) on rocks two weeks ago, and start to do it again, but I never saw a white spot in her body. Could it be something else. Thanks so much for your help.
Where do you plan on treating the fish? Use a magnifying glass to view the fish several times a day, particularly when the fish is scratching, to see if you can detect parasites. Report back.