ahhhh its back!

trigger40

well
Take care to follow the procedure to the letter, including starting the countdown after all signs of white spots are gone from fish for at least two days (use a magnifying glass to look at your fish).

You will get die off on your live rock if you subjected it to hypo. Dieoff my cause your tank to cycle.
well i would really rather not take out all my rock. do you think their is any way i can do it and keep the water under control?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
No.

Just take it out. Its a bit of a hassle, but not as much as it seems just thinking about it.

You will need a separate container for the rock and a nice strong powerhead and heater. Feed the rock a bit of food.

QT all new fish is the only way to avoid this in future.

trigger40

No.

Just take it out. Its a bit of a hassle, but not as much as it seems just thinking about it.

You will need a separate container for the rock and a nice strong powerhead and heater. Feed the rock a bit of food.

QT all new fish is the only way to avoid this in future.
ok thank you beth. i will keep yall updated.

trigger40

well i started lowering the salinity. i took out all the rock and inverts i left a few small peices of rock in the tank for my fish to hide.

trigger40

today i finished bringing the salinity down but now it seems like my fish have more ich on them then befor i started the treatment... weird.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Ich always gets worse before it gets better (gone).

Remember, Start counting the 3 weeks AFTER all spots have disappeared. If they reappear, then you start the countdown again. Do not let the salinity get above 1.009.

trigger40

Remember, Start counting the 3 weeks AFTER all spots have disappeared. If they reappear, then you start the countdown again. Do not let the salinity get above 1.009.
thanks beth! ill let yall know whats going on. right know one of my triggers still has a spot and my baby snapper has multiple so im still far away from the count down. but it will be all worth it once i get my tang!

I have done that in two weeks like three months ago, but start in third week, all of my fish at the bottom of the tank and having trouble breathing, I asked the guy from *****, he said since your fish are eating well, he believe all Ich are gone, I have increase salinity right away for not stress the fish, he told me every hour need to increase little by little.

I have not see the Ich coming back but some time, I saw them hit the rock, than I do a medical treatment for one week, but some fish still get to scratching the rock, but they are eat well and very active.

I have tried fresh water drip, salinity (with temp 82F), medical, and UV Sterilizer, do you know any other option.

geridoc

I have done that in two weeks like three months ago, but start in third week, all of my fish at the bottom of the tank and having trouble breathing, I asked the guy from *****, he said since your fish are eating well, he believe all Ich are gone, I have increase salinity right away for not stress the fish, he told me every hour need to increase little by little.

I have not see the Ich coming back but some time, I saw them hit the rock, than I do a medical treatment for one week, but some fish still get to scratching the rock, but they are eat well and very active.

I have tried fresh water drip, salinity (with temp 82F), medical, and UV Sterilizer, do you know any other option.
Metronidazole has been reported to be quite effective for ich. It can be added to the water, the food, or at higher doses, as a dip.

I have used Kordon/Oasis Rid Ich plus, it requires change water 20-25% daily, it really not much of help. Please let me know the what brand name? I will try.

trigger40

the ich has seem to have found a way to hold on still. the salinity has not changed at all from the begining but there is still a spot or two in everyone.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Can you post quality digital pics of the fish with ich? How long has these particular fish had spots? Are the spots in the same location (if you can tell)?

trigger40

i can post pics but not high quality. the spots do move just about every day except for my baby snapper. he has two blury patches on his pectoral fin that have been there for over two days if that helps.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Try posting the pics. Ich usually attaches and doesn't move around. Please describe in detail what you are seeing.