Smaller place, bigger tank...My 200DD build

eric b 125

Just a little set back...tank couldn't be delivered yesterday b/c I was called in to work. Also, none of my LFS's had tubes of black silicone so I just ordered it from BRS today. Also got the return pump, some spears gate valves for the overflow and manifold, and a new CO2 bottle...the one I had was getting a rusty patina that made me a bit nervous.

eric b 125

That's right. Luckily my schedule for the next two weeks should be a little more laid-back than usual. I'll have to wait until Wednesday to start building the sump. I did find a place two miles away that sells the hose barb adapters that I will need for the manifold (Home Depot didn't have them). I'm hoping to have the tank delivered on Friday. This week I will build the sump and hopefully get the conduit for the light hangers bent and painted. Hoping to find somewhere local that sells gray PVC. If not, I will have to wait until mid-week to order some through BRS when I order the skimmer.

eric b 125

I guess the build can officially start today. Got my order from BRS yesterday so I'm going to start siliconing the baffles in tonight. Going to the LFS that I ordered my tank through and will try and schedule delivery for Monday.

eric b 125

First two baffles in place. They were cut a little short, so there was a lot of room b/w the tank and the side of the baffle. I'm hoping that a good amount of silicone will be enough to keep them secure.

There's a little clean up to do but overall I think I did a fair job w/ the silicone

trigger40

i think you will be alright. its not like thers gona be that much pressure at all on the panels anyway.

eric b 125

Still waiting to hear back from the guy that does deliveries for the LFS. Apparently he doesn't work on the weekends so I will hear from him tomorrow. I'm going to head out to Home Depot tomorrow to get the plumbing I think I'll need, plus paint, etc. I'm hoping I can fit the stand in the back of my SUV so I can at least get it home and get the sump and ATO reservoir in it before tank is to be delivered. It just occurred to me tonight that I have to remove the rear center brace to get the tanks in the stand and I don't want to do that with the big tank on top of it.

eric b 125

I'm pretty much done with the sump. There is silicone b/w the baffles so I'm going to see if there's some sort of long-handled razor blade holder at Home Depot. If not, it's no big deal.

Skimmer to be delivered tomorrow. Looks like the build is really going to take off this week!

eric b 125

Skimmer has arrived. Haven't put it together yet, but it looks good. The space has been cleared for tank delivery tomorrow

eric b 125

Wanted to see how the center brace of the stand lined up with the sump chambers. Looks like I'll have plenty of room to access each chamber. Also, as you can see, I started painting the back.

I'm going to have to remove the rear center brace to get the 20L reservoir tank in place. I'm hoping it's not glued in place, but someone on RC removed theirs without issues, so I'm hopeful. I will be painting the reservoir tank black, too. That way it won't get any light to feed algae. Hoping to have the light hangers bent, painted, and installed, as well as both the sump and reservoir tank in the cabinet by the end of the weekend. That way I can push the tank back against the wall and start plumbing.

eric b 125

Painting the reservoir tank. Won't be able to work outside for much longer! Hoping to have everything in the stand tonight

eric b 125

That is a picture of the fresh water ATO reservoir tank. I'm painting it black like that to keep the light out. The reservoir tank will be right next to the sump and I don't want the fuge light to cause an algae bloom in the FW.