annoying trigger

mauler

My trigger has decided he no longer wants to eat his veggies now he just tears up my algae sheets and makes a huge mess is there anyway to get him to stop or am just gonna have to give my tangs there greens another way

trigger40

lol a trigger does not eat veggies. but i have seen this behavior with clown triggers befor. a guy solved the problem by giving his trigger a belly rub why the veggies wher in the tank. you can try that or hold a silverside in the tank for him while the tangs munch away.

mauler

Mine used to eat his greens I guess he finally realised triggers don't eat veggies. I might try that

mauler

That's what I meant but that only solves the problem while I'm there and I'd like to be able to leave a sheet for them while I'm at work or out of the house but oh well baby steps I guess

trigger40

lol triggers are gona be triggers... you cant change their personality. there is a chance it will get bored of riping up but not very likely. look at the bright side, the tangs can just eat what your trigger is spitting up.

mauler

I'd say the trigger is probably getting to much food and my tangs are getting enough food justnot there algae

Last edited:

trigger40

it sounds to me like your trigger is just like mine. trys to eat all the food and gets mad when every one els tries to eat. try putting two clips in, the trigger fish cant stay at both clips.

mauler

Pretty much he just throughs a fit and destroys the algae sheet. I could try two clips but I'll still have to clean up his mess

trigger40

try algea waffers. my fish love them and my trigger cant make a mess with them. do that if the two clips thing dosent work.

mauler

I'll try that too but I'm not sure if my tangs will go for them don't they sink to the bottom?

trigger40

yes they sink to the bottom but your fish should have no problem finding them. my angel used to love thoes things. it would pick at them for hours. tangs are a different story though. but its worth a try.

trigger40

hmmmm. try the two clip thing then. im suprised your trigger didnt notice it. my trigges notice them and try to devor them(with out a mess). try cliping it on the clip.