Two Dwarf Angels in One Tank? One yellow-tailed blue damsel?

Marija Reiff

Hello. I just started my first saltwater tank, and I am hoping to get some advice on fish. I have a 37 gallon saltwater (yes, I know it's small, but it's all I could afford, and all of my fish will be fairly small) with approximately 30 pounds of live rock. I already have one little clownfish in there who's thriving, and I'll be getting another one soon. Here are my questions: would it be possible to put two dwarf angelfish in there? Specifically, I am thinking of a false lemonpeel angel and a coral beauty. I've heard disparate accounts on whether or not they'll get along. Also, regardless of the angelfish, would it be okay to one yellow-tailed blue damsel in there? A book I bought said these are the least aggressive of the damsels and recommended putting one in a tank; however, a friend of mine says no way. Thoughts?

Thanks!

trigger40

you will haft to pick one of the angels. they will fight in a tank that size. but yes the yellow tail damsel is one of the less agressive. but still a damsel. i would get the other clown then about a week lator get the angel of your choice. then the damsel would go last and you should see no problems.

It seems to me it could work out, because it all depends on size, I have a yellow tang (master in my tank) always bully the flame Angelfish for every minute, the flame angelfish runaway once he notice the yellow tang around the area, I myself want to get third angelfish.

flower

Hi,

You couldn't pay me enough money to put a devil damsel in my tank...you couldn't give me one...I would flush it down the toilet. There is only one draw back to dwarf angels, they are so pretty it's sad we can keep only one per tank, they will fight to the death. Your tank will be pretty much maxed out for fish after you get one more clown and an angelfish, you might get away with a goby as well. The dwarf angels are awesome and very active, they nip hair algae making them a great addition, besides the drop dead beautiful colors.

Needless to say...IMO...pass on the damsel.

Silverado...a dwarf angel can hold it's own with a clownfish, and 37g is plenty large enough of a tank for one.

flower

It seems to me it could work out, because it all depends on size, I have a yellow tang (master in my tank) always bully the flame Angelfish for every minute, the flame angelfish runaway once he notice the yellow tang around the area, I myself want to get third angelfish.
That would be a proper name (fishkiller) if you want 3 dwarf angels in your tank. Sorry, but it could NOT work out, and a bully tang is not an angelfish, so I'm curious why you say you want a "3rd" when it seems you only have one... what size tank do you have?

I stand corrected on the tank size. I just didn't think it would be happy with that much room.
As far as the clown, could it hold it's own against two? Especially if they end up a mated pair?
He have 30 pound rocks, it should have more than enough for 2 clown and an angel.

Hi,

You couldn't pay me enough money to put a devil damsel in my tank...you couldn't give me one...I would flush it down the toilet. There is only one draw back to dwarf angels, they are so pretty it's sad we can keep only one per tank, they will fight to the death. Your tank will be pretty much maxed out for fish after you get one more clown and an angelfish, you might get away with a goby as well. The dwarf angels are awesome and very active, they nip hair algae making them a great addition, besides the drop dead beautiful colors.

Needless to say...IMO...pass on the damsel.

Silverado...a dwarf angel can hold it's own with a clownfish, and 37g is plenty large enough of a tank for one.
Yes, I am the fishkiller, I have two damsels, one yellow tail and other is three stripes, the biggest trouble maker in my tank is one of Tomato Clownfish not the damsels.

I have eight clownfish, and they are staying together at night by 4, 2 and 2, they could manage on their own. Even with two big rocks, it have to have right, left and the middle, I really don't see any problem, but I am a fishkiller.

flower

a koran angel isnt a dwarf angel, so they wont fight.
I always read that a Bi-color and flame angel will fight to the death. When I ordered two different dwarf angels, the site I ordered them from, would not ship them until they talked to me, and were certain they were not going into the same tank. They didn't care what size tank I had, two could not be put together. LOL... I wonder how they find a mate in the ocean....

trigger40

lol i think i wasnt clear enough. 2014fishkiller says that sence the two angels he/she has(flame and koran) do fine he wants. i think fishkiller doesnt know that dwarf angels and regular angels dont fight. but seeing his flame and koran get along this fishkiller wants to add a bi-color not knowing they will fight. o_O

flower

LOL...I just keep trying to help him not to live up to his name, but I think I'm just making him mad at me.

Thank you for all your help, I really mean to try to get bicolor angel to see how two dwarf angel are able to live together, If you type "can I keep two flame angels" from your search bar, I believe I have saw one person able to to do it, but it needs to introduce at the same time.

Let me put it this way, if both angels are not the biggest fish in the tank, do you really think they could try to kill each other without effect other biggest fish (Blue and yellow Tang, Koran, and the butterfly).

flower

Thank you for all your help, I really mean to try to get bicolor angel to see how two dwarf angel are able to live together, If you type "can I keep two flame angels" from your search bar, I believe I have saw one person able to to do it, but it needs to introduce at the same time.

Let me put it this way, if both angels are not the biggest fish in the tank, do you really think they could try to kill each other without effect other biggest fish (Blue and yellow Tang, Koran, and the butterfly).
Hello, just in case you are sincere.......Yes, I'm afraid so. They will single each other out and war will begin, they may try and hide from the larger fish, but every time they see each other there will be a fight. There are lots of beautiful fish, why do you insist on putting fish together after so many warnings? Just choose another type of fish. I miss my shrug, and banging a head against a brick wall icons.

I really am just trying to help you. It's your tank, and you can do what you want. If you want to experiment just to "see" with the lives of a couple of $80.00 (after shipping costs)fish, it's your money.
But I'm beginning to think that you are a troll, and deliberately trying to upset folks....so I'm done.
Expressions 23 troll.jpg