can seahorses eat frozen food

flower

Hi,

You can seed the tank with amphipods, and save the $6.00, the horse will gladly hunt them down and eat them for snacks, which is very good for them. None the less, get captive bred seahorses eating frozen Mysis shrimp. Do not plan on live foods to keep the horses alive, and don't undo what has been a very difficult process to teach them to eat frozen.

The people at the lfs did not guarantee that they eat frozen food. I visit my dad's house in the weekends and the tanks are there too. Seahorses dont have a digestive track so they have to be constantly eating. I nade a hypothesis that it's better if I buy a hanf on refuge, put some chaetomorpha and when there's too much some will go out the hole or ill release a few. When I notice that there's a lot I'll put the sea horse. It will be constantly eating on the critters which I think is better than being fed once or twice a day by something that they will not eat much and the rest will rot

flower

The people at the lfs did not guarantee that they eat frozen food. I visit my dad's house in the weekends and the tanks are there too. Seahorses dont have a digestive track so they have to be constantly eating. I nade a hypothesis that it's better if I buy a hanf on refuge, put some chaetomorpha and when there's too much some will go out the hole or ill release a few. When I notice that there's a lot I'll put the sea horse. It will be constantly eating on the critters which I think is better than being fed once or twice a day by something that they will not eat much and the rest will rot
Hi,

DO NOT PURCHASE YOUR HORSES FROM A LFS... this site sells captive bred Erectus horses guaranteed.. Seahorse source also sells captive bred horses of many species and they are GUARANTEED...They will eat frozen Mysis shrimp.

The horses will only eat amphipods, the copepods are too small...so is the brine shrimp. I only feed my seahorses once a day and no, they don't have of feed constantly. CAPTIVE BRED horses are as easy to care for as any Saltwater fish. You keep the water quality up, and make sure the tank mates are compatible.

flower

The shipping to Puerto Rico is outrageous, I could buy two sea horses with that money
hi,

This is where the cheap comes out expensive. I paid $200.00 per Potbelly seahorse after shipping charges. They were guaranteed to arrive safe and sound, and I have had them for years. The problem with those that don't eat frozen is that they are wild caught, the chances of them being disease free and staying alive for a more then a few months are very iffy. If you go to the expense of setting up a seahorse tank, it's better to spend the cash for healthy specimens.

It's your choice, but re-purchasing over and over again will become very expensive, and may lead to discourage you from keeping a SW tank altogether. One sick horse will infect even the healthy ones, and you will lose them all.