Two Dwarf Angels in One Tank? One yellow-tailed blue damsel?

flower

Here is the link for YouTube:

I just think it could work if you have other biggest fish.
I have a question and an observation. I see a measuring tape for a background, which makes me think it's fish store. I also find it really odd the fish are all hanging out in one corner of the tank...why? I noticed the red dwarf constantly bumping up against the yellow one, and then the yellow one raises his fins in defense. I personally don't think things are going to go well for the long term in that tank...

• Do you have any idea how long the fish have lived together like that?
  • When was the video shot, and how are things today with those fish together?
In YOUR tank, you will want long term results of success. I don't even see rock in the video, and the tank is so new...I don't think the person shooting the video knows what they were doing. I personally think the fish are too stressed to fight, that's why they are hovering in the corner.

trigger40

By the way, I will never mad at anyone for helping me, I apologies if I have offended anyone,
you seemed to have taken over the post. may i recomend makeing making a thread on your questions. i just dont want marija reiff to come back and see that his thread has been taken over :)

trigger40

I have a question and an observation. I see a measuring tape for a background, which makes me think it's fish store. I also find it really odd the fish are all hanging out in one corner of the tank...why? I noticed the red dwarf constantly bumping up against the yellow one, and then the yellow one raises his fins in defense. I personally don't think things are going to go well for the long term in that tank...

• Do you have any idea how long the fish have lived together like that?
  • When was the video shot, and how are things today with those fish together?
In YOUR tank, you will want long term results of success. I don't even see rock in the video, and the tank is so new...I don't think the person shooting the video knows what they were doing. I personally think the fish are too stressed to fight, that's why they are hovering in the corner.
the tank is also 10 gallons so its eather a lfs tank like you said or an idiot's tank.

I might need to change the name first, four of my fish die this morning after I did a 25% water change, Only the water test that have problem is Nitrite No2, it is almost clear water, How do I fix this..

My flame angel die, so I will not able do it. The video have three parts and I am not interest that right now.

Thanks for your help.

jay0705

Anything is possible. That said, hell no would I waste the money bc one or both will wind up dead. Other fish have nothing to do w it.

flower

I might need to change the name first, four of my fish die this morning after I did a 25% water change, Only the water test that have problem is Nitrite No2, it is almost clear water, How do I fix this..

My flame angel die, so I will not able do it. The video have three parts and I am not interest that right now.

Thanks for your help.
Hi,

Did you cycle the tank before adding critters? You should not have nitrites at all. Angels need good water quality, they have no tolerance. What it sounds like you need to do is wait for the tank to finish cycling before you add anything else. Check your change water, it may be contaminated if your tank was cycled...Something is very wrong to have nitrites showing up. That's the next stage of the cycle after ammonia is introduced.

The reason I change water was that I knew I have two die bodies somewhere in the tank, SWC suggest that I should remove the rocks, find the bodies, do 25% water change, all of the test now are fine, but I don't know why my fish die? Any idea!

flower

Fowler,

Because I was so nervous, I used the wrong bottle, all test are fine now. Thanks again.
Hi,

If you lost 3 fish, things are not fine. You need to find out WHY, they died. Sorry, I didn't see the post before this one until after I answered. Check your change water to make sure it didn't get contaminated. Also, if you have a good CUC, and an established tank, you shouldn't have to search for the dead in the rocks...that is the job the CUC is for. If your tank is very new, then you need to remove the dead because the tank isn't established enough for them to clean things up.

Still you need to figure out why you are losing fish. Aggression between tank mates... maybe too many fish added too soon... or maybe the water quality isn't so good.

Here are the four fish who die this morning, 1). Flame Angel, 2).. Sixline, 3) butterfly 4). Blue Goby.

Other fish are having problem are Tomato Clownfish, Maroon Clownfish and Koran Angel

Hi,

If you lost 3 fish, things are not fine. You need to find out WHY, they died. Sorry, I didn't see the post before this one until after I answered. Check your change water to make sure it didn't get contaminated. Also, if you have a good CUC, and an established tank, you shouldn't have to search for the dead in the rocks...that is the job the CUC is for. If your tank is very new, then you need to remove the dead because the tank isn't established enough for them to clean things up.

Still you need to figure out why you are losing fish. Aggression between tank mates... maybe too many fish added too soon... or maybe the water quality isn't so good.
I have my first fish in the tank in late May, everything fine until I saw the Koran and Butterfly move together to the top of rocks, and the Butterfly is heavy breathing.

Last edited:
Hi,

Did you add the Koran and butterfly at the same time?
No. Koran and Butterfly are very friendly each other, but never swimming together. The only bully one is the yellow tang, and the yellow tang is taking care (nursing way) the Koran this morning. My tank is now getting stable, the Koran looks like coming back for good.

Thanks.

flower

No. Koran and Butterfly are very friendly each other, but never swimming together. The only bully one is the yellow tang, and the yellow tang is taking care (nursing way) the Koran this morning. My tank is now getting stable, the Koran looks like coming back for good.

Thanks.
Hi,

The REASON I asked if you added them at the same time... was because sometimes, adding too much too soon will cause a crash. if you had only a small fish in the tank, then added the two larger ones together, or very close to the same time frame...the good bacteria wouldn't be strong enough to handle the added bio-load.

Hi,

The REASON I asked if you added them at the same time... was because sometimes, adding too much too soon will cause a crash. if you had only a small fish in the tank, then added the two larger ones together, or very close to the same time frame...the good bacteria wouldn't be strong enough to handle the added bio-load.
I have added 7 fish last week, due to a bad shipping, 2 of them die, all five of them are very active, and ate a lot food. All fish are happy in my tank until this morning. Question, how often you add a fish?

halamaya

This is the strangest thread I have followed yet!!!! Its like that kid from Finding Nemo. I feel bad for those poor fishies.

flower

How often do I add fish?...maybe once in a blue moon, because I seldom lose a fish. If it arrives alive, 9 Xs out of 10, I can keep it alive. You SHOULD have a quarantine set up, and a new arrival should stay in it for 4 weeks to be sure it does not have parasites or is sick. One sick fish can kill all the others very quickly. The best part about using a quarantine tank is it helps folks like yourself with no patience, to pace themselves to not add too many fish too fast, killing everything in the tank.

Adding more then 1 fish at a time, unless they are tiny ones like a baby clown fish, in which case you can add 2... you are adding too many fish too fast.

Remember how long it took for your tank to cycle, well every time you add a new fish, the new fish poops adding ammonia, that ammonia has to be absorbed by the good bacteria. The good bacteria already established in the tank, can only live on the amount of ammonia that the fish produced BEFORE you added the new one. The good bacteria, and the fish poop balance out to be even. When you add a new fish, you add to the bio-load, and then the good bacteria must grow more of a colony, and develop to be able to absorb the new introduced ammonia created by the new fish. That takes a few weeks to happen. 5 at a time, no wonder they died, the mystery is solved.