Smaller place, bigger tank...My 200DD build

trigger40

i would go with oil based kilz... just incase it gets wet. lol that is a lot of switches i really doubt you will need all of them. but if you got the money and time to fix it, why not? this tank is really starting to come together. good job :)

eric b 125

i would go with oil based kilz... just incase it gets wet. lol that is a lot of switches i really doubt you will need all of them. but if you got the money and time to fix it, why not? this tank is really starting to come together. good job :)
Time is the one thing I'm short on, lol. I'll replace them in due time, but for now I have more important things to handle with this build.

eric b 125

I'm hoping to get a coat of paint on the box tomorrow. Will also hopefully pick up the threaded hose barb fittings I will need for the return pump and manifold, but like I said I'm short on time: school, work, chores, and now my GF wants to spend time with me! Doesn't she know I have an aquarium system to build?!?!?! She just doesn't understand a reefers priorities...lol

eric b 125

Oh happy day: I got the threaded bulkheads in the mail yesterday and the threaded hose barb fittings and the rest of my plumbing stuff at Home Depot today. This will be my third plumbing scheme for this tank. I have so many pvc fittings stashed in my otherwise empty tank, lol. I wonder if I can return them without a receipt as long as I bring the debit card they were bought with? It's probably $20-30 so I'm not worried about it, really.

It's fixin to rain a bit today so I won't get any painting done, but I'm going to try to find time to wrap up work on the box and putz around with the plumbing for a bit.

eric b 125

Got more done today than I thought I would. Last and (hopefully) final plumbing mock-up, with return manifold.

Again, this is just dry fit. I haven't glued anything together. Also, I'd like to clean off the lettering on the plumbing. Any suggestions? I was told to use acetone, but that seems a bit harsh, no?

eric b 125

I'm afraid it's time for me to break down the frag tank and give away the remaining frags. It's a small tank with next to no LR and I only top it off once a week so there's a huge salinity swing. The water is cloudy and it's in the way. I'm not going to take care of the frag tank, QT tanks, and DT once the cycle is over. I wish I'd have realized this months ago, because it was a PITA to move the thing twice, but I'm relieved that I've come to terms with it now.

When the time comes for corals I'll get a frag from a LFS to see if the system will support them. If all is good I plan on ordering a 20 piece SPS frag pack and some zoas for a zoa garden.

eric b 125

Broke down the frag tank last night. I threw out the actual tank, but I'm going to try to sell the skimmer and Vortech....Or maybe I'll just use the MP10 on my fuge, lol

eric b 125

With any luck I will start painting the box tomorrow before work. I have Tuesday off so if everything goes right I can glue the plumbing together and get to filling it up.

novahobbies

I think my brain is boiling at the thought of using an MP pump in a FUGE. Lmbo. Now THAT'S the mark of a high-class tank. ;-)

eric b 125

I think my brain is boiling at the thought of using an MP pump in a FUGE. Lmbo. Now THAT'S the mark of a high-class tank. ;-)
LOL. I mean I have it and it's worth more to me than the $100 I'd likely get for it, so why not use it on the fuge, right?

eric b 125

Guess it's time I start considering how I should set up two 10 gallon tanks for QT via the tank transfer method.

Option 1: build a stand above my water mixing bucket. I like that it's dark in there and I don't have to swap tanks first thing in the morning. I also like that it'll be hidden from sight.

Option 2: buy a cheap wrought iron stand that holds two 10g's. Toss it out when I've gotten all the fish I want which will only take a few months. I like this idea because it's easy and I can just toss it all out.

eric b 125

I'd go with option one because it could be useful in the long run.
Yeah, that's probably what I'm going to do. I have a few things to tackle before figuring that out. I can't wait for all the projects to be done with so I can sit back and enjoy this tank, lol. I thought I might get to painting the electrical box today but I have to go get sandpaper disks to smooth out the rough edges first. Maybe I'll get a coat on tomorrow.

eric b 125

Well, I was supposed to have today off but I ended up getting called-in.. I do have the weekend off but I'd like to try and get some stuff glued over the next few days. It all depends on how tired I am in the morning. So far I've gotten pretty far by doing a little bit every day so maybe that's how the gluing will have to get done.