Snake's comeback - 55g mixed reef

snakeblitz33

Hide back halves, tanned scraps, teeth. Jaws, acrylic taxidermy stuff, hangers, old horn, old antlers bits, pheasant feathers, exotic leftover skins, extra capes, extra forms.

I'm thinking about putting together a taxidermy "kit" for hobbyists next year.

I'm doing this anaconda now, but I want to pick up mounting legal birds on the weekends for extra cash.

There is more stuff but I'm tired of listing.

Anyways, this weekend I want to pick up working some on the tank.

trigger40

Apparently people like scraps of stuff that come out of s taxidermy shop. Lol. I just sold some stuff that I would normally have thrown away.

Possible side business??? Money for a tank!! Lol
hey! would you be willing to do your thing on a person? because when i die i think a great way to be rememberd is to always be around, smiling. :D

snakeblitz33

I sold the tempered glass 55g tank. I got a little money for the new non-tempered one.

I have it's going to take two more weeks of straightening stuff out, but I'm sure I'll be back on track soon.

snakeblitz33

I'm going to take inventory of what I got left either today or tomorrow.

I should have a fair amount of stuff still. We will see.

I really need to gear up for winter and get a few necessary items.

I'll never joke with anyone else on here about taking their time with their builds!

eric b 125

I'll never joke with anyone else on here about taking their time with their builds!
LOL. My current build is taking WAY longer than my last one, but the quality of work is exponentially better. I'm eager to get it rolling but once it's running I don't want to have to putz around with it, I just want to enjoy it. I'm so glad that I'm taking my time with it and I have a feeling that you will be glad you're taking your time too.

bang guy

I am going to kinda put the fish tank on the back burner for a little while. I want to buy a generator and some survival/prepping stuff. I want to get ready for this "horrible winter" that we are supposed to have.
After I feel prepped enough, I'll start working on the tank again.

Have you seen the Mountain House food buckets?

snakeblitz33

Yeah, Guy, I have. They are ok for the price. I'm working on my 1yeR food storage now. Going to try to expand my garden again here in a few weeks and might even build a cheap hoop house with passive solar heating.

Trying to get everything caught up right now though. I haven't had any spending money in three weeks, but next week will be great!!!

Deer season is right around the corner and I'll be in the thick of it here in two weeks at the taxidermy shop. I'm really excited. Even getting a pay raise. :) things are looking up.

snakeblitz33

I have, but I'll post a list later.

I want to upgrade my Koralias to Jebao WP's

I got a JBJ ATO that I'll reuse.

My old heater is leaking voltage last time I checked.

I'll use my apex Jr. to monitor the system. I still have the temp gauge but not the pH probe.

I have some test kits that have never been opened. I think they are still in date, but not for long.

Of course, everything I need for an algae scrubber!

There's more.

eric b 125

I'm glad you mentioned test kits. Mine are way old and I need to replace them. What brand are you going to use? I've always used API but I might get a few Hanna's for calcium, alk, and maybe phosphate...just because I hate counting drops.

snakeblitz33

Seachem.

I like titration tests. Seachem has been more accurate for me. I have just about used them all though.

I have long since stopped using API. The only thing an API test kit is good for is the initial cycle. Just my opinion.

snakeblitz33

I decided that I'm going to try to make an extra $200 a week by building ukuleles. I have most of the equipment already to do it, I just need to sit down and get it done.

I gotta pay off my gun layaway and then save for the tank. I'm thinking a 90g show tank with built in internal overflow and a durso standpipe. I want something that will make me happy long term.

Richard, are you still using those CCLEDs?

eric b 125

I decided that I'm going to try to make an extra $200 a week by building ukuleles. I have most of the equipment already to do it, I just need to sit down and get it done.

I gotta pay off my gun layaway and then save for the tank. I'm thinking a 90g show tank with built in internal overflow and a durso standpipe. I want something that will make me happy long term.

Richard, are you still using those CCLEDs?
I think it's cool that you like 90 gallon show tanks so much. You've been mentioning them for years so I think it would be a good move for you. You could get your tax return in January/February and depending on how much you get, it might amount to a "free" tank. That would give you a few months to invest in the equipment you want for it. Just an idea...

snakeblitz33

Yeah. I like that idea. I might have to move soon. Depending on the location I might have to get a much smaller setup.

Kinda in limbo right now.

snakeblitz33

I decided to get the 55g anyways. I'll have to get it set up really soon. I have an opportunity I don't want to pass up.