Has anyone heard of the newest clownfish

dangerfish

A while ago I heared of the longfin clownfish and was wandering if anyone has heared of it to I really cant wait till it comes out to the hobby.

trigger40

i dont like them. they take away the feeling of having a piece of ocean in your home. i mean wher would you find a fish like that in the ocean.

candaceswf

Administrator
I have never heard of them until now, looked them up and ..... ehh. I'm a huge clownfish fan, originals and designers and these ones just... idk... they look like they were bred with bettas. I'd have to see one in person to really get a good opinion, but from the pics I don't love them lol

bang guy

Everyone has their own individual taste. I just applaud you for choosing a captive bred.

For me they look raggedy. Just personal preference.

Kwassing

This is the first ive heard of them. I have however been looking at the Lightning Clowns. They are pretty amazing looking

silverado61

I just looked them up too. They looked like photo shopped clowns to me. I saw a video of a longfin black Darwin clown and he looks like he's having trouble swimming. I'll pass. o_O

Last edited:

gemmy

One thing to consider with these clown fish is that they are poor swimmers. The fins inhibit their ability to swim as well as other clown fish. This can pose problems in regards to feeding and their survival in our tanks. In the wild, these clowns would typically die.