Is this set up okay?

TheStricklander

Hey all!

I am possibly looking to convert my current 20 gallon brackish water tank into a full marine tank. I have a figure 8 puffer in there (my other 2 have passed away this past week). While I do not want Ms. Puff to die, if she does, I will convert that tank to a full salt tank.

I want to get these fish, but do not know if these are too many fish: 2 False Percula Clownfish, 2 yellow watchman gobies, 1 pistol shrimp, and 2 emerald crabs. I will put live rock in there, but no coral. Is this a good set up? What could make this set up easier or better?

I probably won't get set it up this way until after Christmas, if at all, depending on if my puffer dies.

Thank you all so much!

jay0705

The clowns would be iffy, one would be fine. If u want a pair, get a 29. All your current equipment should wrk w the slightly larger tank. Also only 1 goby they can get aggressive w eachother

flower

Hi,

The clowns need a 30g tank, a 20g is a very teeny tiny SW tank, maybe two small fish at the most should go in there...you should upgrade if you can, and keep the 20g as a quarantine or sump.

clowns as a mated pair should be fine but 2 gobies will fight .. I had a watchman goby and a lawnmover blenny and the watchman was very aggressive to it. this fish should be fine ...like trigger40 said acclimate your puffer to full marine but do it slowly

silverado61

clowns as a mated pair should be fine but 2 gobies will fight .. I had a watchman goby and a lawnmover blenny and the watchman was very aggressive to it. this fish should be fine ...like trigger40 said acclimate your puffer to full marine but do it slowly
I've got a watchman and a lawnmower and they avoid each other. Which is a good thing I guess. The watchman stays on the sand and the lawnmower stays on the rocks.

What do brackish puffers eat anyway? Same as saltwater?

trigger40

i think saltwater puffers have more greens in their diet than fresh and brackish puffers. but all puffers love shrimp, clams, and snails.