Lifeguard Aquatics Quiet One model 3000 - product review

snakeblitz33

Lifeguard Aquatics Quiet One model 3000
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/product-lifegard-aquatics-quiet-one-pro-series-aquarium-pump-3000

I have personal experience with this pump. I had it running on a 75g aquarium with a 20g sump and a 700gph internal overflow box. This pump is quiet, reliable, dependable and durable. The construction seems a bit light weight, being made mostly of an exterior plastic casing, but the insides are all business. These little pumps pack a punch for the price. Speaking of price, these pumps are some of the lowest priced pumps on the market but despite that, they are still great pumps to use on a saltwater aquarium.

Pros: If I haven't said it already: they are affordable. These pumps will get you the flow that you are looking for through your sump and are pretty quiet in their operation. They use a little less electricity then some of the larger, heavier constructed pumps that might be more expensive. The casing is made of plastic, so there is less weight on your aquarium glass. The pump is also pretty quiet if you use the silicone bead modification listed below. The threads on the pump are easy to use and do not require specific adaptors. You can easily install PVC hard lines directly onto this pump. The pump has attached to it a very long, durable power cord that is grounded. I have never personally had any problems with this pump. Because these pumps use less watts to move water, they put less heat into the aquarium. New impellers can be purchased on saltwaterfish.com.

Cons: The pump is constructed of light weight materials, which might be a concern for people who use vinyl tubing and don't want it to move around. The Quiet One pump has also been mocked as not actually being quiet. However, with some modification, it can be just as quiet as higher end pumps.

Modifications: Use a relief valve on this pump. Do not put too much back pressure on this pump without a relief valve. It can cause serious damage to the pump or impeller and put unnecessary strain and heat into the water. To make absolutely sure that this pump is quiet, add a few thick beads of silicone to the side that will sit on the glass or acrylic. Let the silicone dry for 24 to 48 hours before adding It to the aquarium.

Conclusions: These pumps are so handy that I would recommend them to anyone looking for an affordable option. They are no more quiet than advertised, and with a little work, they can be as quiet as high end models. This pump is great for mixing up saltwater, for pumping water through the sump and a multitude of other uses. They are also relatively cheap - so buy one for backup