just got a yellow tang.

trigger40

hey guys i just got a yellow tang and so far it is very active. its picking at the inserts in my qt and its only been in there a few miniutes. thinking of offering a veggie clip in a little bit.

kopczynski

Idk about yellow tangs ive never kept one but my kole tang wont eat sheet algae and only eats it off the rocks. My foxface loves the algae sheets though.

trigger40

Idk about yellow tangs ive never kept one but my kole tang wont eat sheet algae and only eats it off the rocks. My foxface loves the algae sheets though.
does he get enough algea from the rocks? i also have some macros in my dt for him to munch on all day. i also have rods food that has algea in it.

jay0705

My yellow eats the sheets aswell as my fox. Mine do seem to prefer purple over green tho

mauler

My yellow took to the clip right away but some are stubborn try rubber banding a algae sheets to a rock and see if he eats it. You also might want to look into getting some vitamins like zoejust to make sure he's getting everything he needs. But good luck with and good choice yellows are great tangs.

trigger40

ill try the rubber band. he has been eating the algea off the glass all day but i dont think that is going to give him what he needs. ill try the rubger band.

mauler

If your worried about him not getting enough vitamins and nutrients look into zoe, zoecon, and selcon.

trigger40

i got him to eat! i tore up the algea sheet and know he is going crazy darting around the tank eating food. i was just worried he would eat the wrong typ of algea and not get what he needs. but know i got him eating veggie sheets. i tryed to feed him mysis but he wouldnt swallow it. he also has a spot on his tail fin that seems to be bothering him. ill start a copper treatment tomaro.

silverado61

Tangs are grazers and eat throughout the day. Keep an algae sheet in there and if there's any left the next day just change it out for a fresh one and adjust the portion.

trigger40

I feed mine mysis shrimp soaked in zoe twice a day and an algae sheet in between meals.
do you think garlic will entice him to eat mysis? i think once he goes in the dt he will eat mysis like a pig along with every other living thing in there. my fish actlike that stuff is crack. :confused:

mauler

It wouldn't hurt to add some garlic but also give him time to settle in unless he looks really skinny don't worry about it.

trigger40

It wouldn't hurt to add some garlic but also give him time to settle in unless he looks really skinny don't worry about it.
well now he is constantly eating algea sheets. i am also 100% shur the tang has ich. i started the copper treatment.