new yellow tang has ich.

trigger40

my new yellow tang has ich. i couldnt see the spots at the lfs but once i put him in my qt i started to notice them. i started a copper treatment but i want to know how long for a tang. the tang has about 6 or 7 spots. thanks.

flower

Hi,

Follow directions to the letter on the medication, I always quarantined for 4 weeks... the fish should be fine after treatment, then wait for the 4 week point before adding it into the display. Good job using your QT, you saved yourself lots of troubles. Two thumbs up!

If your tang was not moving, try Garlic Xtreme from Kent, mix it with food, when you feed the tang, you will see how painful she is, but will work. All of Ick inside her mouth will get out.

trigger40

alright thankyou guys! the ich has already cleared up. now all i got to do is get to eat prepared food. and tonight i will be leaving for thanksgiving and coming back later the next day. i would normaly not be worried but the tang is new and not eating from the vaggie clip yet. do you think the tang will be fine untill i return.

flower

LOL...Yes it will be fine...the ich is not gone or cleared up, the stage where you see it as salt spots is over.