having two angelfish in a 100 gal

pfcbizz

I've read that you can keep 2 angels in the same tank if their from different speices is that true ?

candaceswf

Administrator
I'm not very sure.. typically if there is more than one angelfish they can become aggressive, but I've also talked to someone who kept a few pairs of angelfish in one tank (he had some sort of method buying multiple angels and housing them in separate cubes or breeder boxes and then introducing them into the same tank...sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't). But different species... maybe a dwarf and a large angelfish... oh and the vermiculated angels do well together, not with other angels though

pfcbizz

Thanks I didn't really think that it was or could be possible to house 2 angels of any type I guess I was pissing in the wind I really like angels and wish there was a way to house more then one in the same tank.

You have a 50/50 chance of this working. It really depends on your fish. Every fish is different. Take it mind the species too.

ClaptonsGhost

When my tank was able to handle a load of 3 new large fish I added a Queen, an Emperor and a Majestic Angel. They all got along fine. Then I had a tank disaster (the covers that came with my tank package sealed tight and kept oxygen out and carbon dioxide in, wiping out most of the tank). The Queen and two yellow tangs survived. Needless to say the Queen will not tolerate any new angel additions (except dwarf angels. I added a Flame and a Coral Beauty with no problem). I added a juvenile Blue Face with adult coloration. The Queen torments him, but he's a tough little bugger, swims around, eats like a pig, but obviously one of those rarities. Any other one would probably be dead by now.

Long story short, if you're tempted, put them in at the same time.

aduvall

It's my understanding that you can have different size angels. So a queen and a dwarf would be fine. Or even three if they size out enough. That's always what I've been told. I only have a flame right now so I'm not sure.