Two Dwarf Angels in One Tank? One yellow-tailed blue damsel?

I am not sure about that because I have no problem before I change water. How often do you change water? Do you feel depress that you have to keep your new fish in QT about four weeks?

flower

Depressed to have to wait to add a new fish?...No, I learned my lesson. I had a beautiful reef, and I didn't quarantine...well I got fish that had the ich parasite. It was my 90g tank, and the fish were too large and too many to be placed in a hospital tank, If I could afford another 90g it wouldn't have been so bad...but a 20g wasn't going to work.. I lost a few fish, but the remaining fish managed to fight off the parasite and survive. I ended up not being able to add new fish for 2 years (now that's depressing), because all new fish are stressed, and stressed fish get attacked right away with the parasite, then the numbers would be bad enough to re-infect the healthy fish that were fighting it off. I did add some cleaner shrimp, they like to pick the ich parasite from the fish' gills, that gave some relief to my surviving fish.

All that grief could have been avoided if I had only quarantined that one little new fish.

The reason you I think you had no problems just before you changed the water, is because you have a good sized tank, we keep telling folks that the larger the tank the easier it is to keep up...well you added 5 new fish all at once. If you had not had the large tank you did, you would have completely crashed the tank. The water change you did do, probably saved the more hardy fish that were able to survive.

Marija Reiff

Hello. I did not end up adding two dwarf angels or a yellow-tailed blue damsel. Instead, I added one false dwarf lemonpeel angel, a firefish, and a royal gamma. When I put up the original post, my local aquarium shop did not have the hugest selection of fish, and those were the only ones available. However, I decided to be patient and see if they would ever carry a greater variety of saltwater fish. They do occasionally get in different fish, such as the firefish or the royal gamma, and I've snapped them up when they've come in. I know those fish probably don't seem that rare or exotic to many people, but they are kind of rare here where I am in a small midwestern town. Anyway, the tank looks beautiful, and all of the inhabitants are getting along well. Provided they all stay alive, I think I am set since I have those three fish plus the original two clowns. Thanks for all your help!