my domino damsels fine's look as their being nippped at

pfcbizz

I've a domino damsel and a keyhole angel in a 45 gal tank and it's looking as if the damels fine have been nipped at they have gotten along well for 4 months, Ill admit I normally feed them 2 times a day but have missed doing that so I'm thinking thats the problem, anyone ?

flower

Hi,

The domino most likely picked a fight and got the worst of it. The two spot damsel are really mean evil little fish, I wouldn't be surprised if you find your angelfish dead some morning. Feeding your fish 2Xs a day is really too much, it isn't food they fight over, they just like to fight, and are known for biting your hand drawing blood when they mature..

pfcbizz

Hi,

The domino most likely picked a fight and got the worst of it. The two spot damsel are really mean evil little fish, I wouldn't be surprised if you find your angelfish dead some morning. Feeding your fish 2Xs a day is really too much, it isn't food they fight over, they just like to fight, and are known for biting your hand drawing blood when they mature..
So is there anything I can besides spliting them up ?

smfoister

I've a domino damsel and a keyhole angel in a 45 gal tank and it's looking as if the damels fine have been nipped at they have gotten along well for 4 months, Ill admit I normally feed them 2 times a day but have missed doing that so I'm thinking thats the problem, anyone ?
You may have already heard this, but Damsels are hardy, easy to keep fish for beginners but unfortunately end up being tossed out of a tank once the tank turns into a real hobby. I don't agree with putting them in beginner tanks for this very reason. I have never owned a more aggressive fish.