Stock

rt101

Hi Guys. I do not have the luctiory of test kits.
How long +- from dye tome bloom till i can add fish.
I know its difficult but a approximate would be great.

mauler

Without a test kit no one can really answer that question. There has to be some place you can get one or you can order one.

rt101

No. Only base rock. Put a small piece from my old tank over in new one just to get life in it.
My whole tank is now orange as expected.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
What is your water source? There is no way to assist without at least testing the nitrate level of your aquaria and source water. Also, some substrates and even salt mixes can have silicates, which is what is needed by these micro-animals to live and grow.

Hard advise: If you can't get water test kits or other basic items needed to begin a salt aquarium, then you probably should wait to enter the hobby until you are well prepared.

aduvall

^^ I can't imagine how you would start up without a test kit... After everything goes down you have to water change to get rid of the nitrates...

aduvall

I'm not saying you can't maintain one... I'm saying I don't know how you could start it up. I guess you could just gut it out... Start with a hardy fish and hope...

Last edited:

rt101

Sory for the misunderstanding. gess i will start with clownfish and xenias again like the last tank. just hoped that there were a way to determin by naw. is there such a thing as a reef frendly trigerfish?

rt101

Up till naw (18 monthes) 1x bungai cardinal due to finrot and 1x elegance coral. 2x turbo snailes. But bungais bread and i have 9 healty babies.

trigger40

Sory for the misunderstanding. gess i will start with clownfish and xenias again like the last tank. just hoped that there were a way to determin by naw. is there such a thing as a reef frendly trigerfish?
all trigger fish are reef frendly. such as humu triggers, clown triggers, and blue jaw triggers.

jay0705

To clarify, most triggers wont bother corals, but reef inhabitants such as shrimp, crabs, snails are lunch

trigger40

it varys from trigger to trigger. my humu trigger leaves my skunk shrimp and hermits alone but any other invert is not safe. blue jaw and niger triggers are more likely to be invert safe.