LED fixture question

regal_tang_fan

I have a 48" Current Orbit Marine LED light fixture on my 75 gallon tank. I have some hammer coral, a torch coral, a colt, a frogspawn, and some mushrooms in there. Everything seems to be doing fine, but I know that it is not enough for more light demanding corals. I am thinking about getting another Orbit Marine fixture so I have more light. In doing some research I came across the Photon 48 fixture from Reef Breeders and am wondering if I would be better off just getting that or if two 48" Orbit Marine fixtures would be OK?

mauler

If your only interested in keeping lps a second orbit would work. But the same price you could get your self a cheap Chinese box or two. As far as the photon 48 goes I've heard good things about those too but again the Chinese box's are just as good and a lot cheaper. But over all you want a light with warm, neutral and cool whites, light and royal blue, some greens are ok and violets which are important any full spectrum light should have all these

mauler

I agree about the marineland they just plain don't grow coral. I personally haven't used the photons but I've heard good things about them but for the price you get 2 or 3 Chinese box's that work just fine.

steelgluer

I have 3 Chinese boxes 375 shipping included they are GREAT. Full spectrum 3w bridgelux. My 1 year old carpet under them.40 % blue 30% white. They even came with a 3yr warranty and 1 of my power supply's went and i emailed them and they sent a replacement overnight for free. That's what I call that customer service.
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

gorilla

I have 3 Chinese boxes 375 shipping included they are GREAT. Full spectrum 3w bridgelux. My 1 year old carpet under them.40 % blue 30% white. They even came with a 3yr warranty and 1 of my power supply's went and i emailed them and they sent a replacement overnight for free. That's what I call that customer service.
[/URL][/IMG]
steelgluer, which Chinese lights to do you have? I've got a Tao Tronics 120w and not to impressed with it, I've had it 1 1/2 years. I'm looking for a better, full spectrum light. I had a 150W metal halide and went to LED.

steelgluer

Search twilight group co ltd they are UL listed and ce. They have a 3yr warranty best thing i ever bought for my tank.