Convince me to downsize

dekon70

Hello all, I haven't posted on here in a long time. I had a BC29 for two years and upgraded to a 65g for the past five years. I was looking to go to a 125 but now I am having second thoughts and actually thinking of downsizing back to a BC29. I miss the ease in taking care of a smaller tank. What are your opinions?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
More fascination, beauty, and challenge over convenience....pick your poison.

jay0705

Bigger you have far more options. Smaller less options, less room for error, but less space , less equipment to maintain

Bryce E

Aside from the amount of cleaning or the actual volume of water that has to be prepared for a water change I would say the bigger the tank the easier it is to maintain. From the standpoint that the greater the water volume the less affect there is with changes in the parameters. I'd say the smaller the tank the harder it is to keep in line simply because small changes have a larger impact (look at it on a percentage basis). If you feel that it's become too much work then setting up a whole new tank, with new equipment and new live stock is sure to be a lot of work. If you have the means to do it then I say go for it... the bigger the better!

snakeblitz33

A smaller tank can be a lot cheaper to maintain and a lot easier on the electric bill.

If that's all you want to take care of, go for it.