Questions about livestock to add

Kristin1234

I'd wait awhile for the flame Angel.

I love my firefish. He's awesome to watch, he's probably one of my favorite fish.

Get a CUC package. Hermits, snails, maybe a few shrimp?

I do like firefish. Both purple and red are so pretty! Seems like everyone agrees that the angel should go last, right? When my cycle is finished, I will start with a small CUC, then add two clowns...after a week or so of the CUC being ok? I know I need to wait around a month between fish additions, right? How many fish could I add to a 125g tank without overloading?

jay0705

Agreed, its more adult size and bio load than a number. You could do 3-4 fox face sized fish or 100 clown goby sized fish lol

Ok we'll here are my thoughts on a fish stock:

2 clownfish
1 tang (yellow or blue hippo...thoughts on which?)
1 sand sifting goby
1 fire fish
1 dragonnet (mandarin)
1 six line wrasse
1 flame angel

I would like to eventually have soft corals and some shrimp and brittle stars...don't know if I need to include those in bio load consideration.

Too much? Room for more? How does this sound as a tank?

jay0705

Stock is good. Honestly you could prob do both tangs. Diff body shapes, but if I had to pick one the hippo is a gorgeous fish.

Ok! I do love both of those tangs as well. I'm guessing that I would need to add them when the tank is a bit more established too, right? What about adding a bicolor blenny to the mix? Too much?

Ha! Hi, trigger, I've noticed from other threads that you are a bit, shall we say, 'trigger-happy'?? :) (I mean that in the most positive way!) To answer your question, I've read they can be a bit aggressive, right? I do like the way they look, but I'm looking for a kum-by-ya sort of vibe, so I didn't consider triggers. Maybe you can give me your best sell and change my mind on them?

Bryce E

I have had a ton of trigger fish. Love them. For a "good vibe" trigger I'd recommend the Blue throat trigger.

Reef safe though? Ummm questionable. Lol.

Hmm if they aren't reef safe, then they might not be the best option for our tank. We would like to have some xenias and other soft corals eventually.

trigger40

if a trigger fish is not something you really want I would not do it. my humu trigger is a model citizen. it doesn't touch my shrimp, corals, crabs, and snails. but not every trigger is the same. blue jaws are very docile and are often more friendly than tangs. and they don't touch your inverts. if you do want a trigger fish I will be more than willing to help you find a reef safe trigger.