Starting a 55 gallon tank

snakeblitz33

Beaselbob,

Would you care to post a picture of your prized reef tank with the in-tank fuge as the sole filtration?

aduvall

excuse my interruption but it would seem to me that the in tank refugium I described earlier would provide all the macro/algae an angel would need. Sure provided macros to my tangs anyway.

Just a thought

worth at most .02
When did you describe that earlier? Another thread? Or am I totally blind and missing it?

snakeblitz33

Welcome back to the thread, Bob.

You haven't answered my question yet though. Could you please post pictures of this setup of yours? I'm sure everyone that you give advice to about this type of setup would love to see it in action with a thriving reef tank....

beaslbob

Nope.

Don't picture as the tank was taken down 4 years ago after 9 years of operation.

Even the picture I had on this site is no longer available.

snakeblitz33

Bob,

If that 55g was taken down four years ago, why don't you post a recent picture of the tank that you said you just did a couple gallon water change on a couple months ago?

bang guy

Wow bang

Didn't know that picture was still around. LOL. And it was actually before the in tank refugium.
I'll do some more internet searching. I should be able to find a picture of your in-tank refugium.

Doesn't look like you really needed a refugium from this picture. The algae seems to be growing just fine.

uscmizzy

So after visiting my LFS and websites for fish I am now looking more towards 2 O Clowns, 3 Blue Reef Chromis, and 1or 2 Royal Gramma's but not sure what else....Any ideas or suggestions? I like the color makeup but only if they are compatible in the tank? How much can I put in a 55 gal without having a huge bioload?

aduvall

All of those could fit fine. Gammas tend to beat up on one another... so I would suggest one, but others may have a better idea. The O clowns may fight once one turns female but if introduced at the same time should be fine.