First sps think doing ok ?

mandy111

Hi. Always been a lps girl but recently bought a few pieces if sps. I know they need high flow & light low nutrients. Which is my biggest struggle. My lps need some goodies lps don't. It really is a juggling act.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

mandy111

And here is a wild sps that sprung up off of the live rock. Unfortunately the zoa's are invading him & will be cut back shortly.
image.jpg

snakeblitz33

Looks good. I don't see any signs of STN or RTN. From the photos, I don't see any redbugs or AEFW that are obvious. Did you dip your corals before adding them to the tank?

Congrats on the wild SPS. Sometimes those end up being some of the most colorful ones over time if you keep your nutrients low and everything stable.

What's your dosing routine looking like?

By the way, it's almost 1AM central USA time, so don't expect posts like this every night!

mandy111

Looks good. I don't see any signs of STN or RTN. From the photos, I don't see any redbugs or AEFW that are obvious. Did you dip your corals before adding them to the tank?

Congrats on the wild SPS. Sometimes those end up being some of the most colorful ones over time if you keep your nutrients low and everything stable.

What's your dosing routine looking like?

By the way, it's almost 1AM central USA time, so don't expect posts like this every night!
Lol. Time doesn't matter. You'll see it when you see it. I have auto doser. Mag. Cal. Alk. Randys receipe. Keep all stable at. Alk 8.6. Cal 450 mag. 1250. Nitrates. 0.02. Phos. 0.03. Have them high in the tank running 8 x. 80w T5's. Is there anything else you can think of that may improve colour They browned out quite a bit when upgraded during mini cycle. Those photos are them now. Colour is returning very slowly. I did not / do not dip any corals before DT. Unless obvious things I am worried about.

mandy111

I know your right, but i have to say we have a really good trustworthy lfs we use, never had any issues, but i suppose to be safe yes we probably should...thanks

I got to agree with silerado61 it a small investment considering the consequences. I trust my lfs around here but I also know s$&T happens and the end result can be devistating. All that money in that tank gone for not dipping a coral.

On another note those are some nice pieces good luck to you