Show off your tank(s)!!

mandy111

Mandy, those corals. Do they take care of themselves mostly or do they require me to feed them or anything else?
They pretty much take care if themselves. Steady parameters, lowish phos & nitrates and seachem reef plus twice a week for polyp extension & color. !

mandy111

P.s. Always add seachem plus when lights down it's when corals are most actively feeding. Yes amino acids etc. (reef not reed) typo sorry.

ClaptonsGhost

Oh my god ! I can't believe I just did that. Sorry. !!!!! iPhone typing. Large fingers small keys. I was talking about filter socks other day. Auto correct changed word. So I actually asked a complete stranger how many "dicks" he wanted. Geez did I have to explain that one. Once again. Sorry
You can go back and edit, ya know! No need for that comment to be immortalized forever ;-)

mandy111

HI @ClaptonsGhost , what a great shot. lovely and crips and clear. Is that a goni i see high in the tank left had side, if it is hows it going for you all the way up there ? WOW you sand bed is clean as,,,,,,secret please ?

ClaptonsGhost

Clorox bleach! :confused:
Well, I don't know which of these things keeps the bed white, but I have all the windows in that room blacked out, no sunlight direct or otherwise on the tank. I use Chemipure Elite, bio-pellets in a Phosban Reactor, and I occasionally have to clean the front of the glass beneath the sand bed, but not often. That's it. btw, finally caught my Blue Face out swimming. As you can see he's healing nicely, no more cauliflower, and fins growing back. Oh, and as for the "goni" I have no idea what they're called. I callz 'em button polyps. They're the only kind that Angels leave alone. They're doing fine up there but they haven't really multiplied in the 4 months that I've had them.

blueface1.jpg
blueface2.jpg

pegasus

Glad to see the angel out and about! Looks like red actidonis mushrooms at the bottom of that rock. If you're not careful, those things will spread like wildfire. Actually, it doesn't matter if you're careful or not... lol! Button polyps are in the palythoa family which normally don't have that kind of stalk extension. Maybe a close-up shot?