my tang has got an itch.

trigger40

i went ahead and started the hypo treatment. the fish got relief overnight. ill post a pic of the tank when i got home.

trigger40

the ich has made come back! grrrrrrr..... its almost as bad as when it first started. the salinity has stayed at where it should from the begining, i guess ill just have to be patient.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
the ich has made come back! grrrrrrr..... its almost as bad as when it first started. the salinity has stayed at where it should from the begining, i guess ill just have to be patient.
No, if the tank is in hypo successfully, then ich will not make a comeback. You are using a refractormeter? What is the ppt and specific gravity readings? Also, you have maintained that exactly?

trigger40

No, if the tank is in hypo successfully, then ich will not make a comeback. You are using a refractormeter? What is the ppt and specific gravity readings? Also, you have maintained that exactly?
i do have a refractormeter. i have kept the salinity at 1.008 for about a week now

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Your refractormeter should have had instructions that came with it that explains how to calibrate it. If you don't have that check your brand then do a search on the web, perhaps the manufacture's website. Its easy enough.

Does your refractometer measure parts per thousand, ppt? if so, what has been the reading?

pegasus

Not a bad idea to use a calibration kit to initially check your refractometer. Afterwards, you can get calibration fluid at your local grocery store, dollar store, service station, etc... it's called distilled water. Unless you've got a screwed up refractometer, calibrate it to zero with distilled water, and you're good to go...

jay0705

Not a bad idea to use a calibration kit to initially check your refractometer. Afterwards, you can get calibration fluid at your local grocery store, dollar store, service station, etc... it's called distilled water. Unless you've got a screwed up refractometer, calibrate it to zero with distilled water, and you're good to go...
Thats all u need?