Clownfish keep dying

Bryce E

I didn't see marine velvet on Beth's thread when I looked. May have overlooked it though. I guess if anything I'd merely be guessing though fishkiller. I think one of the only real ways to know would be to have a microscope and know what you're looking for. Lol. That's over my head. A lot of treatments are similar for several of these things. Hospital tank and treatment for the sick fish in addition to keeping your main tank fallow for a long period in order to not provide a host. If not caught early then you are looking at low chances of saving the fish and more looking at clearing up your system for the future so if you think your fish have this then you'll want to act very quickly. Posting a pic and asking someone like Beth is probably a better bet for identification as well as treatment than any help I can offer on the subject.

Justindm13

Thanks everyone for the input. I am currently trying Beth's advice and will wait a few more weeks before adding anything. In the last couple weeks my tank has turned cloudy white. From what I have read, this is a bacterial bloom. I think they generally just go away after a week or so, but I'm running on 2 weeks and it's still pretty milky white. Does this point to any specific symptoms that would explain the fish deaths? Everything else is still fine. Thousands of Amphipods and I have noticed many copepods show up on the glass in the last few weeks, but other than that, all is good. (other than a hermit crab eating my snails for their shells)

pegasus

I didn't see marine velvet on Beth's thread when I looked. May have overlooked it though. I guess if anything I'd merely be guessing though fishkiller. I think one of the only real ways to know would be to have a microscope and know what you're looking for. Lol. That's over my head. A lot of treatments are similar for several of these things. Hospital tank and treatment for the sick fish in addition to keeping your main tank fallow for a long period in order to not provide a host. If not caught early then you are looking at low chances of saving the fish and more looking at clearing up your system for the future so if you think your fish have this then you'll want to act very quickly. Posting a pic and asking someone like Beth is probably a better bet for identification as well as treatment than any help I can offer on the subject.
https://nosickfish.com/velvet-2/

silverado61

Thanks everyone for the input. I am currently trying Beth's advice and will wait a few more weeks before adding anything. In the last couple weeks my tank has turned cloudy white. From what I have read, this is a bacterial bloom. I think they generally just go away after a week or so, but I'm running on 2 weeks and it's still pretty milky white. Does this point to any specific symptoms that would explain the fish deaths? Everything else is still fine. Thousands of Amphipods and I have noticed many copepods show up on the glass in the last few weeks, but other than that, all is good. (other than a hermit crab eating my snails for their shells)
Take a closer look and make sure its not micro bubbles. If it is, that's a whole different problem.