Kole Tang

tony11705

I purchased a Kole Tang 2 1/2 weeks ago from LFS. It had just come in which was my mistake but I believed I could handle any new fish.
Well it hasn't eaten since I got it. He just picks at the live rock and Algae on the back of the tank. I have tried feeding it frozen home made algae food, the shrimp loaded with algae and nutrients all types of flake and put in dried seaweed on a clip.
Anyone have any other suggestions? It is such a beautiful fish and it appears reasonably healthy right now.

silverado61

As long as he is eating, just keep an eye out for weight loss. If you have other fish and they're eating he should learn from them that the food your affering is edible and is indeed food.

tony11705

Its funny he follows my hoeven wrasse around the tank all day long unless we get close to the tank. It appears that they are best friends but he wont eat when everyone else does. He just hides out.

mandy111

Try wrapping some seaweed around a few little rocks with a rubber band and place in cracks, or on sand bed at back of tank were he is pecking at algae. Sometimes new fish wont come and eat with other because there is a hive of activity they are not used to yet. Give him time. The fact he is picking is good means he has an appetite and shouldn't take him too long. Good luck .