Show off your tank(s)!!

pegasus

It's a protopaly, but which specific type will be hard to label. There are hudreds of goofy names for these creatures, so it could be anywhere between Pluto's Passion, to Purple People Eaters. Actually, there's not much between those two examples, but I'm sure you get my gist...

mandy111

Ok. thanks for the pic. my bad eyes. That is not a goni as I thought in original pictures. Thanks for the follow up. Your fish all looking very healthy, tank extraordinarily clean,, even your rocks look so clean. Nice tank. Wish mine looked that clean. Great job .

ClaptonsGhost

I just looked at the pic you posted on page 2, I think it was? It's spotless. Does it not look like that any more? I have to say that when I recharged my phosban reactor with new bio-pellets what little cyano I did have disappeared almost over night. Do you have a phosban reactor?

mandy111

I just looked at the pic you posted on page 2, I think it was? It's spotless. Does it not look like that any more? I have to say that when I recharged my phosban reactor with new bio-pellets what little cyano I did have disappeared almost over night. Do you have a phosban reactor?
The water clarity is fantastic, But unfortunately we had one of our Gyers stop working and were without proper flow for about 16 days, since then the sand bed is absolutely filthy, well have to vacuum next change. The tangs are messy fish and I find without the proper turbulent flow to keep detritus off sand bed and rocks we do struggle.
I also have to blow rocks off every week, but I am terribly guilty of overfeeding, so that's my badi suppose.
The tank is now only 12 weeks old so I am still cleaning glass every day, cant wait for that to settle a little to. I know when our old tank got to about 6 months the glass cleaning was reduced to about every 6 days or so. And let me tell you 17ft of glass every day,,,,,,PAIN !
I just really like the look of your tank, ours is still clean but seems to require a lot more work that yours to stay that way.
Can you see anything I am doing wrong that is making this task a horrid job, besides overfeeding as I will always do that for the copperband and dragonets who are slow arse feeders, so food has to hit the sand and be there for a minimum of 10mins.

I do run 2 x phos reactors 1 with rowa phos and once with seachem phosgurad I also have a carbon reactor. I change out these reactors appox every 4 weeks.

ClaptonsGhost

I forgot. I also have a sand sifting Gobi. That helps a lot but if you didn't rinse your substrate they'll kick up a cloud every so often. As for advice I dare say I don't think I could tell you anything you don't already know. Plus you may be assuming my tank is maintenance free but I spend way too much time keeping it up.

ClaptonsGhost

Also try chemipure elite instead of phosguard. It removes silicates from the water which is like pizza for cyano ;-)

Sometime tomorrow I'll take a picture of my filtration. You'll see it's nothing special. 30 gallon sump, Eshoppe PK-200 skimmer, phosban reactor and 36w U.V. I also have a kickass cleanup crew that devoured my Moorish Idol in one night.

Last edited:

ClaptonsGhost

Majestic died. Can't understand why, he was amazingly strong. No fungus or nipped fins, perfect specimen to the end. Just stopped eating. Was actually micro inches from death for 3 days, laying dead at the bottom of the tank, then suddenly up and swimming in the corner again. I can't understand how that much of a fighter could die. No one picked on him. Odd...

On a brighter note I picked up two incredible Butterflies! Both about 4 1/2" in circumference, one a Pakistani, the other I don't know the name, but bright golden yellow with cool eye stuff going on. Video coming soon. Taking forever to render. Also Blue Face almost completely healed.

Kristin1234

Majestic died. Can't understand why, he was amazingly strong. No fungus or nipped fins, perfect specimen to the end. Just stopped eating. Was actually micro inches from death for 3 days, laying dead at the bottom of the tank, then suddenly up and swimming in the corner again. I can't understand how that much of a fighter could die. No one picked on him. Odd...

On a brighter note I picked up two incredible Butterflies! Both about 4 1/2" in circumference, one a Pakistani, the other I don't know the name, but bright golden yellow with cool eye stuff going on. Video coming soon. Taking forever to render. Also Blue Face almost completely healed.

Can! That sucks! Pics of the butterflies?

ClaptonsGhost

You do realize you can edit your comments for about 5 minutes, don't you? And I said I'm rendering video as we speak! But if you're ok with raw un-processed footage, here's a sneak preview.

EDIT: See how easy it is? I just saw your latest PM. Pics of the Regal, please!!!! And then take this back to private :)

ClaptonsGhost

Why do you call it a regal? I thought you meant a regal Angel. You always called it a blue tang, an acceptable name for a hippo tang. Perfect size! If it were to catch you know what, it will survive.

And a blue jawed trigger? That came out of left field :)

I'm sure you know this but let your bacteria bed catch up now before you add more fish. Enjoy!

Kristin1234

Why do you call it a regal? I thought you meant a regal Angel. You always called it a blue tang, an acceptable name for a hippo tang. Perfect size! If it were to catch you know what, it will survive.

And a blue jawed trigger? That came out of left field :)

I'm sure you know this but let your bacteria bed catch up now before you add more fish. Enjoy!

Just cause that's what the lfs guys were calling her.

Thanks!

ClaptonsGhost

I always remember them being called hippo tangs, and occasionally blue tangs. And Ive been aggravated by this hobby since 1976. :mad: