share your triggerfish!

Kristin1234

Hey Trigger, lfs said he is fed mysis and diced silversides. Should that keep him nice and fat and happy or should I add anything else to his diet.

I don't want to feed him anything live cause I have 2 clowns and I want him to know livefish are friends. Lol

trigger40

Hey Trigger, lfs said he is fed mysis and diced silversides. Should that keep him nice and fat and happy or should I add anything else to his diet.

I don't want to feed him anything live cause I have 2 clowns and I want him to know livefish are friends. Lol
for a trigger i feed at least 4 different types of meaty food. i feed raw shrimp, mysis, squid, silversides< and freeze dried shrimp. mysis is a good staple food for your trigger but other stuff with it will keep him healthy and brighten his color.

Kristin1234

Dosing him with vitamins and garlic isn't a problem right?

I put vit c and a multi vitamin and a few drops of garlic in the mysis for my tangs.

Any issues there?

trigger40

no thats great that you are doing that. but trigger need a lot of protien in their diet. mysis has a good amount of protien but not enough to just feed that. silversides are ok but dont offer your trigger much. i would look into some more protien rich food such as raw shrimp.

jay0705

Ha ha ha. Just a crab? Better than crabs I guess lol. I don't eat the lobster I just transport for those that do