Fish don't survive long in my display

mandy111

If it is the source all his fish should die. He has fish in the tank alive and well. It seems new additions are not living. Thats why I'am thinking aggression or lack of oxygen. There maybe enough for his current few fish but not enough for new ones.It's a 200 gal tank so it could take a bit to see effects. But I'am just snow balling
I actually don't agree that if its a bad water source all fish will die, if the older fish have been sort of slowly acclimatized to the shit water, over a very long period of time they can get used to it, and the older ones will survive.
Had a mate who every single fish he bought would die over a couple of week time span, but old fish healthy as.
He eventually found out he had a faulty test kit and shops alk was normal range his was around the 4.3dkh. His older fish and lived through the drop as it had happened really slowly, but any new additions that entered couldn't live in it because of the major difference in where they had come from and the drop was too quick.

mandy111

Makes sense. Don't some coral like "dirty" water per say?
Your rights some corals like dirty water, dirty water in the reefing game is water with slightly higher nitrates and phosphates.
I am having trouble at the moment with my goni's, for some reason I cant get my nitrates and phos up, both around the 0.00 to 0.01. All my 13 gonis have closed and are sulking completely, yet other corals are thriving.
I am overfeeding and have turned skimmer off now for about 5 days and still no improvement in the numbers,
So yes some corals do like what we call Dirty Water.

I would open the tank and let it breath, you probably don't lose any water due to evaporation when you should, also fill with water without salt when you top it off