Stock list ideas for 55 reef

Dflo

So tank has been up a little over a week. I had about 40 lb of live rock to start now have about 60-65. Been testing water params everyday since sun. Had a small ammonia spike tues to a little under .5 next day nitrite were about 2.5. Every since then levels have been steady Ph at 8.2 ammonia showing slight traces to 0 past 2 days. Nitrates holding at 0 and just a slight about of nitrites. Do you think because of the live rock and ghost feedings the tank only went through a mini spike? If these levels hold steady think might be possible to introduce clowns this coming up weekend?

bang guy

The more you wait the more stable it's going to be. That said, once your Nitrites stay at zero for a few days, and Ammonia doesn't pop back up again you're probably good to go for something hardy like Clownfish.

kopczynski

I have one black and one orange ocellaris in my 60 gallon tank, they were both around 1" when i got them, the orange one will most likley become female. Also I think they have paired up, just waiting to see if my prediction about the orange one is true!

Dflo

coming along pretty good. I will take some new pics tomorrow when lights are back up. I have a pair of ocelleris, red bubble tip, 3 orange firefish, 2 pajama cardinals and coral beauty. Have some coral in there and doing pretty good to start. I'm moving in a few weeks into a new place. When I do I will move the reef into my 72 since I have a 220 I got for my FOWLR tank

Last edited:

Dflo

Luckily I have 2 weeks to move everything 15 min down the road. The 220 will be first thing in and set back up and run for about a week make sure everything is stable then move FOWLR tank fish. Then move 72 and set up and running then move 55. Hopefully this way will be less stress on all fish and coral

Dflo

The 220 was running for over 3 years but will be in storage for a month by the time can set it back up. Hopefully a week will be long enough

Dflo

lol def have that. The 220 came with about 250 lbs that has been in a trash can full of water and powerhead circulating. I'm only going to put about 100 lbs in since goal is to have a small ray in there. I am putting all new live sand in