Can anyone identify this T5?

chrisely24

I just want to make sure the bulbs are in the right place for the programmer to operate them correctly.

Also the bulbs in there seem to be really old and only 2 work. They are 54w sea world bulbs, can anyone recommend the 6 bulbs I should replace them with?

I also wonder if the light will be ok sitting directly on the tank because it doesn't have the mounting legs on it anymore. Thanks

snakeblitz33

Hi there,

I wouldn't set it directly on the tank rim, it might get too hot. You can cut a couple of 2x4s, paint them black and set them on the tank rim and prop up the lights on them. It's not safe, either way - and you should have a GFCI installed just incase.

I suggest ATI bulbs. Blue plus and coral plus bulbs are the norm.

pegasus

I just want to make sure the bulbs are in the right place for the programmer to operate them correctly.

Also the bulbs in there seem to be really old and only 2 work. They are 54w sea world bulbs, can anyone recommend the 6 bulbs I should replace them with?

I also wonder if the light will be ok sitting directly on the tank because it doesn't have the mounting legs on it anymore. Thanks
I have two of those lamps. I posted the brand in another thread, but now I can't recall the name, but I really like them... other than having to reprogram them after a power outage. I bought mine new, and immediately replaced the stock (Sea World) bulbs with ATI bulbs. I have two of each: Aquablue Special, Blue Plus, and Coral Plus. This combination gives a natural daylight glow to the tank. If you want something bluer, you could swap the Aquablue Special for Actinic. T5 HO bulbs should be replaced every 12-18 months, especially if you intend to keep corals.

The front three bulbs are on timer 1, the back three on timer 2, and the moonlights are on timer 3.

chrisely24

Cool, thanks for the info. It seems as though a ballast may be out. 4 out if six work. I have a 2 bulb coralife that I might be able to Rob the ballast out of. I am assuming 1 ballast per 2 lights, haven't looked yet.
If you could find them on the web I really need mounting legs I have seen a few but none of them look like they will fit