28 gallon

blazehok68

Just set it up. Have had it taken down for a couple of years. So its got about 35 lbs of base rock. 8 lbs of branch live rock seeding it. Dsb. 150 watt hqi. Cpr hangon aquafuge with protein skimmer. Ang 36watt compact flourescent fuge light. 2 hydor koralia evo 600 on a wave maker. No livestock yet. skimmer is making good skimmate
20150328_164525.jpg
20150328_164525.jpg
20150328_164542.jpg
20150328_164549.jpg
20150328_164600.jpg

Attachments

blazehok68

Thanks bang. Mostly want to some zoos and ricordias. Maybe a monti and a birds nest or two. noyhing crazy. Just lots of color. Probably a pair of ocellaris clowns and maybe a sand sifting goby. Who knows.

Slow and steady wins the race.

blazehok68

So......sirface of main tank started developing a layer of "dust" on it from no water turbulence. Went in the attic and grabbed some stuff and added a 3 gallon sump. I really didnt want to have anything plumbed and wanted everything to be hob, but it is what it is. At least now the ugly heater is out of the DT. And the more water volume the better. And I added a pair of ocellaris today. Its wek 3 so a coiple of more and maybe some zoas.

blazehok68

well here are some pics from today. its come a long way since april. the monti and acro i got today as well as the fire and ice zoos.
IMG_1244.JPG
IMG_1245.JPG
IMG_1246.JPG
IMG_1247.JPG
IMG_1248.JPG
IMG_1249.JPG
IMG_1250.JPG
IMG_1251.JPG
IMG_1252.JPG
IMG_1253.JPG

blazehok68

since april i have added a sump and a fuge under the tank. i had a bad red hair algae problem for a while, but it all panned out. probably have about 20 hermits, 3 huge turbos and 5 or 6 small ones. couple of astrea snails and 3 nassarus snails which burrow in the sand pretty good. they look like submarines when they come up. every now and again u can see there 1 nose? tentacle sticking out of the sand. pretty cool. ive got the two black clowns in there now, the lfs called them Darwin Clowns. they look like black perculas to me. who knows. they remind me of killer whales when i look at them from the top down because of their color pattern. i want to get another fish or two but i dont know what else to get. maybe a spotted hawk or even a pygmy angel. we will see. just thought id share. any comments are surely welcome.
thanks
Joe.

IMG_1254.JPG
IMG_1255.JPG
IMG_1258.JPG
IMG_1259.JPG
IMG_1260.JPG

pegasus

My, what a lovely tank of toxins... lol! Seriously, most zoas are extremely toxic, as well as palys. You should always wear protective gloves when handling them, and especially if you're fragging them. Then again, you probably already know this. Nice looking tank!

blazehok68

yeah i do know. they really dont bother my hands too much when i handle them. little itchy and irritated when they touch the top of my hand, but not too much when my palms or fingertips touch. mushrooms actually irritate me more than the zoos.