Water Change

I am going to get a fish today. My levels are Amm 0, Nitites 0, and Nitrates 5.0. Should I do a water change before I go get the fish or should I wait until a couple of days after I put the fish in?

beaslbob

So I shouldn't have anything to worry about the Nitrates and adding the new fish?
nitrAtes will not affect the fish. In fact the presence of only nitrates in a tank with sufficient algae is a sign the algae is consuming ammonia missed by the bacteria. Which is a signe of a heathy stable tanks.

I would hold off on adding food for a week to limit the bioload.

My .02

I placed order in here, I just finished the deep clean up and water change (10%), when I get my fish and Corals next Friday, I will do another change of water before shipping.

I only feed once per day and only what the fish will consume. I had so many issues in the past and I believe it was from over feeding. Now when I feed them, there isn't much that his the bottom. I also want to get a cleaner shrimp today. I hope he will help the cuc in keeping the bottom clean.

I have Hydor canister, I need to clean it up, than I don't need to worry about it for two months, I have a very clear water, but once you turn off your power heads, and canister, it become very messed. I have lot to clean to make sure I won't stress the fish.

silverado61

I only feed once per day and only what the fish will consume. I had so many issues in the past and I believe it was from over feeding. Now when I feed them, there isn't much that his the bottom. I also want to get a cleaner shrimp today. I hope he will help the cuc in keeping the bottom clean.
Cleaner shrimp are more for cleaning parasites and dead skin off your fish. Not so much for cleaning the tank and shrimp rarely work on the sand and if/when they do, they don't make much of an impact. That's more of a job for the sand sifters, hermits and snails.