Centerpeice of your tank?

Kristin1234

I need a nice centerpiece and not sure which way I want to go.

Centerpeice fish should be the boss, right?

What is the centerpiece of your tank??

Pics welcomed!

jay0705

Center piece doesn't have to be boss. Generally means the most vivid, easily seen.
flame, clarion, potters, angles, tangs, some people use a large school of fish ie anthias

pegasus

When it comes to fish, my Hawaiian Yellow Tang is the boss. It obviously loves to have it's picture taken, as it's always swimming in front of the camera. It's also my most active fish, so it's never long before it's presence is known.

As far a corals, I don't have a particular "showpiece". I like all my corals, but there isn't one that stands out from the others. Maybe one day I will have such a coral...

mandy111

My lipstick is my centre piece not because he has the brightest colors
Lipstick Tang.jpg
etc, but he is the largest in the tank and most certainly the ruler of this tank !

1guydude

Idk about boss of the tank but king lol.
Scopus tang in one tank and shadow fin squirrel fish in the other.

Corals.
Pretty proud of my pectina and flabellum coral in one tank and pavona I think or Potatoe chip coral in the other.

Show piece imo Dosent have to b spendy $ but healthy and large. Good poping colors help but I've seen brown toadstools as impressive center pieces. Hths.
D

pegasus

I think I've decided which is my favorite coral... or should I say... I'm waiting for it to become my showpiece? It's just a small frag, but it's making "babies" at it's base and hopefully in a year or two, it will have grown into a beautiful colony. It's a Pavona Frondifera a/k/a potato chip coral...

20150303_165905A.jpg

I almost lost it when I first got it, as I exposed it to too much light. It completely browned out, but after moving it to the bottom of the tank and partially shading it, it colored back up. The center is still partially brown, but the ruffles have grown considerably, and it has completely encrusted the ORA plug and is spreading across the rock nicely... and producing sprouts along the way. It once looked like this:

1A.jpg

Last edited:

mandy111

I think I've decided which is my favorite coral... or should I say... I'm waiting for it to become my showpiece? It's just a small frag, but it's making "babies" at it's base and hopefully in a year or two, it will have grown into a beautiful colony. It's a Pavona Frondifera a/k/a potato chip coral...

View attachment 1006

I almost lost it when I first got it, as I exposed it to too much light. It completely browned out, but after moving it to the bottom of the tank and partially shading it, it colored back up. The center is still partially brown, but the ruffles have grown considerably, and it has completely encrusted the ORA plug and is spreading across the rock nicely... and producing sprouts along the way.
Love it, beautiful

seecrabrun

My centerpiece is a hermit crab, hahaha!

Well, it's true. I got into this hobby because of this lone little crab.

I don't regret it!

I'm only just getting into making my tanks "pretty", up until now they were just homes to my favorite pets, but I decided they needed some redecorating ;)

this is my center piece fish .. he is great had him for two years and is the main boss of the tank. the only thing I don't like about big blue is he sometimes moves my corals around and nips at my open brain corals his a bully :)

even duo I have so many center piece corals this is one of my favorites .. my elegance coral its getting so big that I have to move it to the side

I can't leave out my clam

My is sailfin tang now. It seems to me most centerpiece fish are tang, which all are bully one. I need more people to put centerpiece fish info, especially the non bully fish.

My maroon could be the current centerpiece since he grown a lot for the last two weeks, she have bully my other two fish

Last edited:

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like some topics are being posted in the Achieves/FAQ forum. That forum is generally reserved for informational topics that are generally helpful topics to all, such as knowledge-based discussion on a particular coral, or a 101 lesson on a particular set up.

I moved this to the Reef Forum where it should get more traffic.

Connorer

It's a brilliant store though, one of the best in the UK, according to the online reviews people come from all over the country to go to it, they try and source the most interesting fish. It's ridiculously expensive though - but worth it :)