Lettuce In Tank

i want to try lettuce for my small Blonde Naso but I want to make sure I don't pollute the tank. How long should I leave it in for?

Ok. So I put the lettuce on a clip in the tank and now he is hiding. He was pecking at the algae on the rocks but I am still worried. He's not eating that much.

beaslbob

Asian see food places sell nori which is algae sheets. Betcha he'll attach that with gusto.

Well I am really starting to get worried. He has eaten very little since Sunday and is getting very skinny. I am thinking of going to the store tomorrow and trying frozen brine and or red or purple seaweed sheets. No ich but just not eating.

silverado61

If he's pecking at the rocks looking for food but not eating what you give him, try this: Take a small piece of algae sheet and tie it to a small rock with a rubber band then set that on your rocks and see if he eats it. If that works, keep doing it for a few days so he gets used to the sent and taste. Then try a piece of algae sheet on a veggie clip and the rock at the same time. If that works for a few days, try just the veggie clip.

Good luck.

jay0705

If u can find macro alage they will eat it. Even cheato, mine loves macros, but he isn't picky w any food. Not a fan of plankton tho lol

beaslbob

what I did was partition my tank so I had a small area to grow macro algae in. (actually the entire back 3" of the tank LOL) My yellow and "dory" tang enjoyed grazing on the macros that poked through the partition.