New 75g Reef Tank

pegasus

You're not going to pour that in the sink where you wash dishes, are you? Ewwww! I pour my skimmate in the flower bed. It's an awesome fertilizer!!!

snakeblitz33

You're not going to pour that in the sink where you wash dishes, are you? Ewwww! I pour my skimmate in the flower bed. It's an awesome fertilizer!!!
Yep. Sink. I wash dishes before hand and after I'm done, I wipe the sink out with bleach and put a shot of it down the drain.

pegasus

Yep. Sink. I wash dishes before hand and after I'm done, I wipe the sink out with bleach and put a shot of it down the drain.
Okay... as long as you sterilize afterwards. LOL! Wow... that's a lot of skimmate after five days. Looks like the skimmer's a real performer. It's hard to imagine what our tanks would look like if we didn't pull all that junk out... :eek:

snakeblitz33

Thanks man. It's really growing in now. I'm moving next week and the 75g is going in storage. I'm setting up a 20g long in the new house.

The day before I take down the 75g I fixed the noise problem. Lol

snakeblitz33

I really don't want to give the tank up though.

But on the other hand, a 20g long can be easier to maintain with a new baby.

jay0705

Eh lol. I have a 75,56,29 and 20L. Honestly they all seem to maintain the same. Now I thought u wanted to do corals so the prams for that may differ more w tank size. The only thing I don't like is amount of fish I can keep in smaller tanks. If u can I would go 29. Length and width are the same as 20L its just higher. The extra volume is nice

lmforbis

Five days of skimmate.

Is that the Skimz skimmer. Where did you buy it, BRS? I have been trying to find one but BRS has them on back order and I haven't found any other places that sell that brand. The reviews I have seen have been great though. I might end up with the reef octopus.

novahobbies

Plenty you can do with a 20 long. Change gears, go for nano fish. Make a goby paradise, and you can keep quite a few interesting species in there. Try "crossing over" and incorporating some of our freshwater hobbyist aquascaping styles into a SW tank. I know you got this!

snakeblitz33

Yep. Skimz from BRS. Changing systems and putting it in storage. :(

Richard, oh yeah, plenty to do. I'm not upset about having to downgrade. That aquascape seems interesting.

snakeblitz33

I was thinking of a pair of clowns a neon goby and a yellow watchman.

I'm not going to start a new thread on a build for a while.