Shark Egg Help!!!

Tom Boyle

I was in my lfs yesterday and walked through the invert aisle only to see 5-6 shark eggs. All of them looked looked like the traditional cat shark egg except for one. Im not sure what type it was, but if its a different type then coral cat or banded cat i want to buy it. Can someone please shed some light on this. Thanks.

Attachments

mauler

First thing what size tank do you have and how long has been up and running, what fish are already in it?

Tom Boyle

im not asking that, my tank is plenty big enough. I'm wondering what type of shark will hatch from that egg

silverado61

You also said you wanted to buy it and I don't know if you'll find anybody that can answer that with a clear conscience not knowing at least what size tank you have. It's a basic question we ask all new members seeking advice or answers.

bang guy

I can't get a sense of size. 4"? 12"? Have you held it up to the light? It resembles a Skate egg.

Last edited:

bang guy

I wasn't sarcastic. Really, I cannot tell how large this egg is from the picture as there is no scale. As I'm sure you know Skate eggs are large & flat. Unlikely to be confused with a Cat Shark egg but from a flat, single view picture that's what it seems to resemble to me.

Tom Boyle

bang guy, you have been very helpful, thank you. I think i will end up buying the egg after all. Thanks for not being sarcastic like some people were :D

silverado61

I wasn't being sarcastic either. I was serious when I said we should be coming to you for answers about sharks.
If you've been raising them for years, I hope you stick around. You never know, we might have a ton of questions for you.