Maxspect Razor

chrisely24

After a lot of searching around I think I have decided to drop the hammer on the Maxspect R420R 320w.

I would like some input from the regulars around here before I order them tonight.

All other high quality led lights that I have looked at would require at least 2 and i would have to find some way to mount them as I do not like the hanging option.
The Maxspects come with a tank mounting option and I would only need one to go all the way across the tank.

I am pretty sure these lights are really good I just need a second or third opinion before I spend 900 bucks.

lmforbis

The LFS I go to has one over one of their display tanks, my guess is 200 gal DD. The tank is spectacular. I was looking at them at BRS today because of that tank. More light than I am looking for. I'm looking for something to supplement the lights I already have like a kessel 160.

chrisely24

I could go cheap on the lights and may wind up regretting it later on.

I figure if I get these there shouldn't be anything I can't add later on if I want to.

pegasus

I could go cheap on the lights and may wind up regretting it later on.

I figure if I get these there shouldn't be anything I can't add later on if I want to.
That's a good attitude to have. If you buy cheap, and don't like it, then you have the cost of the new light... PLUS the cost of the cheap light. Best to get what you want right from the start. I've seen some good things about MaxSpect lights...

chrisely24

Cool, looks like Maxspect has really put some thought in to this light. From the photos of it there seems to be a space in between the 4 lights right where my center brace will be.
Gonna order them right now I think. I was waiting until the 1st of next month when I will have the full amount of cash to pay for it but, I may as well get it now and pay for it then lol.

chrisely24

Well, it is done. I feel guilty now for spending 900 dollars. I am sure I will get over it, same feeling when I bought a new car.

I got the 320w lights from the Depot.

chrisely24

Still going to be a while before finishing the setup. I added a BRS dual reactor during the week also.

I still have left to get....

A ton more rock, Skimmer, and an Auto top off system of some sort probably JBJ.

pegasus

Looks like you're going all in, Chrisely! Awesome... I'm looking forward to seeing this tank develop.

novahobbies

Looks fantastic! I have a pair of Onyx lights, and I'm extremely happy with them. The Maxspect was a top contender, though.